LOVE on 8-track tape?

Old February 4th 05, 07:12 PM
lennon fan

Default LOVE on 8-track tape?

Did the fabulous, incredibly underrated, talented, druggy band LOVE ever
make it to 8-track?
They should have....they were on Elektra and Nico made it

What a band...if you don't have the first lp (in mono if on record) and
Forever Changes your collection is seriously lacking.

Old February 4th 05, 08:43 PM
William W Western

Cool logo, plaid bell bottoms, and cool multi-racial band for the time. I
would certainly buy any of their 8 tracks I came across now. But.....whose
version of Bacharach/David's My Little Red Book is best - Manfred Mann or
Love?

Old February 4th 05, 08:49 PM
lennon fan

LOVE on 8-track tape?

Group: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes Date: Fri, Feb 4, 2005, 11:41am
(EST-3) From: (Dan)
=A0=A0I have "Forever Changes" and "Da Capo" -- both on Early Ampex
carts --
Fantastic stuff!
Dan

COOL! so they do exist on 8.....I wonder if the first lp came out
also....I guess I have about as much chance of finding one as I would a
VU and nico cart or a Floyd Piper

Old February 4th 05, 10:23 PM
Dan

Their First came out in '66, so, it is possible.
Dan

Old February 4th 05, 10:58 PM
lennon fan

oh he's singing again all right.....and he's incredible.
They just put out a DVD of The Forever Changes concert done in the UK in
2003 where they do the whole album...it blew me away.
The band is tight tight tight and they did that album and, the band name
itself, proud. check it out, it's totally worth the $15 or whatever...
cool bonus tracks too, and an easter egg

Old February 5th 05, 04:09 AM
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:43:25 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Cool logo, plaid bell bottoms, and cool multi-racial band for the time. I
would certainly buy any of their 8 tracks I came across now. But.....whose
version of Bacharach/David's My Little Red Book is best - Manfred Mann or
Love? snip

Love. Manfred Mann's Earth Band's version sucked, but was more
commercial. Back in the "psychedelia" era, Love was just considered
to be another "also ran," but their stuff was more meaty than most of
the crap that made it into the Billboard Top 100...Grace Slick and
pals, for example.

dB