Cjoint Explanations ?

Old April 5th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
jim

Default Cjoint Explanations ?

Hello:

Now that I have been around for a few months, someone explain CJOINT
to me? Seems that I see 3 boxes when I click on the CJOINT site, in
spanish no yet.
I understand the BROWSE part.

Next box tell me what its for ?

Last box needs help as well?

I have so many different stamps to upload to the group, so that I can
find out what I have or dont have.
Forgive this old stamper,
JIM

Old April 5th 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Jim.

If you are seeing cjoint in Spanish it is because you have the "translate
this page" set to Spanish. In any case the process is the same regardless
the language:

The first box says "adjuntar un archivo, imagen, foto" = "add a file, image,
photo". This is where you browse your machine to find the stamp/s you wish
to show. The following line says "El tamaño de cargar los documentos se
limita actualmente a 500 KB" = Uploads currently limited to a maximum of
500kb.

The second box says "y/o adjuntar una URL" = "and/or add a URL" (e.g.
http://www.amedialuz.ca/) Use this if you want to attach a site.

The third box says "y/o adjuntar su dirección de e-mail" = "and/or add your
email address".

Personally I have always used the first box, selected the image I want to
show on my c drive, and copied the url created by cjoint into my message to
the group.

Incidentally, when I have many stamps I wish to show, I have taken a lesson
from old man Rodney: I scan them all on one page and refer to the different
stamps by row and location, e.g. third stamp on second row.

Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old April 5th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Here is a post by Mr. Pierre Courtiade
just in case it may assist.

==========================
Navigate to Cjoint http://cjoint.com/
in your browser "add to favourites" eg under "Stamps Folder"
so you can load it quickly in future.

click on C Joint link
click "browse" to locate your image on your hard drive,
when located, double click the image
this will load it into cjoint

not necessary, but you may load a dummy personal email address
under "Et/Ou joindre votre adresse E-mail"

click on "creer le lien CJoint" and your image will load on their server
takes about 20 seconds

when the image has finalised loading,
it will automatically give yo a link code, copy this
into any newsgroup message you write as a link for people to view.

HTH

Old man Rodney

Old April 5th 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Some more from Pierre

Then go to : http://cjoint.com/

You will get a page that says :

Joindre un fichier, une image, une photo (1)
(attach a file, an image, a photo) ie from your computer.

(1) La taille des documents téléchargés est pour le moment
limitée à 500 Ko.
((1) At present, the size limit of files is 500 K)

On the right of the window, hit the "Parcourir" [Browse] button
and indicate where on your hard disk is located your image.

Then hit the button called "Créer le lien cjoint"
to create your link.

Copy the link (if you are using Internet Explorer, the link is
automatically copied in your clpboard)

Paste the link in the text of your post on rcsd.

Old April 5th 09, 05:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Without overloading you with instructions,
here is another avenue

Open this link, then save it in your browser "favourites"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...topics?lnk=rgh

There is a little box at the top
where you can search stamp info from years ago.

for example "cjoint" and "pierre"
will get you all his past posts on this most marvelous site he discovered
and shared with us.

HTH

CJoint Jim[_11_] General Discussion 2 March 20th 09 02:18 AM
New cjoint version Blair (TC) General Discussion 1 March 26th 08 11:43 PM
(RCSD) Cjoint upgrade Blair (TC) General Discussion 0 March 26th 08 08:45 PM
Cjoint query. Mette General Discussion 7 December 19th 06 12:42 AM
Connection to cjoint - timed out Tony Vella General Discussion 2 July 25th 06 01:29 AM