South Australia Official Newspaper Wrapper?!

Old April 6th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

Default South Australia Official Newspaper Wrapper?!

This: http://tr.im/iiOT

I have not seen anything like this before. Why would there need to be
an OS newspaper wrapper in the first place?

I may be missing something obvious.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Old April 6th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Apr 5, 11:00*pm, Joshua McGee wrote:
This:http://tr.im/iiOT

I have not seen anything like this before. *Why would there need to be
an OS newspaper wrapper in the first place?

I may be missing something obvious.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: *http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Mailing the Government Gazette , circulars, notices etc.
Could also be used to send out copies of Hansard.

Blair
Old April 6th 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Moonta Bay, South Australia
a favourite holiday destination for our family when I was a lad.
Lovely beaches.

OS "Official Service" hence state paid postage for newspaper delivery?
just a guess

Old April 6th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Apr 5, 11:26*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Moonta Bay, South Australia
a favourite holiday destination for our family when I was a lad.
Lovely beaches.

OS *"Official Service" hence state paid postage for newspaper delivery?
just a guess

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

This:http://tr.im/iiOT

I have not seen anything like this before. *Why would there need to be
an OS newspaper wrapper in the first place?

I may be missing something obvious.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: *http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

I think Joshua's question was referring to "Which newspapers
would the Government send out?"

Blair
Old April 6th 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
joshuamcgee

On Apr 5, 8:30*pm, Blair wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:26*pm, "rodney" wrote:

Moonta Bay, South Australia
a favourite holiday destination for our family when I was a lad.
Lovely beaches.

OS *"Official Service" hence state paid postage for newspaper delivery?
just a guess

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

This:http://tr.im/iiOT

I have not seen anything like this before. *Why would there need to be
an OS newspaper wrapper in the first place?

I may be missing something obvious.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: *http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

I think Joshua's question was referring to "Which newspapers
would the Government send out?"

Yes, precisely, and well-answered. Thank you.

One of our lurking geniuses sent along http://tr.im/iiYq -- this may
be of further interest. It was for me.

Old April 6th 09, 06:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
joshuamcgee

On Apr 5, 8:22*pm, Blair wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:00*pm, Joshua McGee wrote:

This:http://tr.im/iiOT

I have not seen anything like this before. *Why would there need to be
an OS newspaper wrapper in the first place?

I may be missing something obvious.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: *http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Mailing the Government Gazette , circulars, notices etc.
Could also be used to send out copies of Hansard.

For readers unacquainted with the Westminster system -- Hansard:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansard

I'm trying to discern the specific use of "could" you are using -- do
you know for a fact that Hansard transcripts were eligible for this
service?

Thank you again.

Old April 6th 09, 06:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Well the matrix would be huge, the OS replaced the 54
departmental officials, so logically it could be anything,
unless it was recorded with specific use.

"Blair"

Old April 6th 09, 07:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
joshuamcgee

On Apr 5, 10:39*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Well the matrix would be huge, the OS replaced the 54
departmental officials, so logically it could be anything,
unless it was recorded with specific use.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take it down to 53, on the
assumption that the Inspector was not sending newspapers to
Sheep. :^)

Old April 6th 09, 07:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I'll pay that,
that was a good one
A jolly belly laugh.