Are my eyes deceiving me? I think not.

Old February 18th 05, 10:42 PM
dmzcompute

Default Are my eyes deceiving me? I think not.

Two auctions. One ended on Feb 14 and the other started on Feb 14.
When I look at both coins they look identical. Something is not right
here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

David

Old February 18th 05, 10:57 PM
Larry Louks

dmzcompute wrote:
Two auctions. One ended on Feb 14 and the other started on Feb 14.
When I look at both coins they look identical. Something is not right
here.

I'm not sure what it is, but I agree that something may be afoul with
this deal.

Larry
Old February 18th 05, 11:07 PM
James Higby

"dmzcompute" wrote in message
ups.com...
Two auctions. One ended on Feb 14 and the other started on Feb 14.
When I look at both coins they look identical. Something is not right
here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

David

The little tick behind the nose suggests identity to me.

James

Old February 18th 05, 11:21 PM
Xray

"dmzcompute" wrote in
ups.com:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&item=3958690
407&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Only thing I can think of is either

1] New seller lives around the block from previous seller or

2] New seller thinks he can turn a profit off the win, uses a different I.D.
to run the auction with pics from other auction before he even has the coin.

I enquired about this interesting series of events, and will post back if he
replies.

Old February 19th 05, 12:01 AM
Anita

On 18 Feb 2005 14:42:00 -0800, "dmzcompute"
wrote:

Two auctions. One ended on Feb 14 and the other started on Feb 14.
When I look at both coins they look identical. Something is not right
here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

The mark on the cheek look identical, as do the rim rubs on the bottom
of the reverse. Definitely looks like the same coin.

Anita
Old February 19th 05, 12:05 AM
linxlvr

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:42:00 -0800, dmzcompute wrote:

Two auctions. One ended on Feb 14 and the other started on Feb 14.
When I look at both coins they look identical. Something is not right
here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

David

I'm not up on Indians, and I'm no expert at any others. But I am curious.
Is it even MS? Is that series known for some weak strikes? Looks like the
tips of the feathers and the hair near neck are worn. Or do Indians
typically look like this?
-- DW

Old February 19th 05, 02:04 AM
Aladdin Sane

Or someone "borrowed" a picture

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.
9.130...

Old February 19th 05, 05:45 PM
dmzcompute

Xray wrote:
"dmzcompute" wrote in
ups.com:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&item=3958690
407&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Only thing I can think of is either

1] New seller lives around the block from previous seller or

2] New seller thinks he can turn a profit off the win, uses a

different I.D.
to run the auction with pics from other auction before he even has

the coin.

I enquired about this interesting series of events, and will post

back if he
replies.

I also emailed the seller and have not received a response. I doubt I
will since it is obvious that is not his coin. The buyer of the coin
looks to be assembling a set of Indian cents so it is not item 2. I
too think he borrowed the picture to sell a same date Indian cent.

David

Old February 19th 05, 08:37 PM
Xray

"dmzcompute" wrote in news:1108835152.383345.217880
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Xray wrote:
[...]

Looks like ebay got a whiff of fraud, as the auction was taken down.

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM