a couple of questions from a (relative) newbie

Old July 12th 03, 10:18 AM
Robert Englund

Default a couple of questions from a (relative) newbie

Hi

Question 1:
Has anyone else noticed that Germans have a particularly distinctive blue
ink? It's blue, but with a certain sort of purple-ish cast to it. I've only
ever seen that particular colour on letters from people in Germany. The
point is, I quite like it. Is it (or something similar) available in
England?

Question 2:
I've an American Esterbrook J double-jewel from the mid-1950s. It's not
worth a lot, but it has a great deal of sentimental family value. Anyway, a
few years ago I was cleaning it under the taps and managed to drop the
entire nib assembly down the plug hole. I still have the barrel, cap, and
that black bit which is held in the barrel by friction and which the sac is
attached to, but the nib, the bit the nib fits onto and which screws into
the black friction-fitted bit, and the sac are all gone. Is there any place
in England I can get these replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Englund
- remove underscore ( _ ) from e-mail address

Old July 12th 03, 10:48 AM
Tony Stanford

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003,10:18:32, Robert Englund wrote

Anyway, a
few years ago I was cleaning it under the taps and managed to drop the
entire nib assembly down the plug hole.

I did this with a gold tooth. If you go underneath the sink unit you
should find an elbow bend - the 'trap'.

If you disassemble the trap, my guess is that you will find your nib
unit there. After all, that is what a trap is for. Your missing nib,
etc, should be heavy enough not to have been swept away, upwards and
round, by the flow of draining water.

I found my tooth there, anyway. It's worth a try.

Regards

Tony
--
******* email sent to this address is automatically discarded *******
************************ Please reply to the group ******************
Old July 12th 03, 05:40 PM
PENMART01

"Robert Englund" writes:

Question 1:

Question 2:

What the frig is a 'relative' newbie?!?!?

You ARE a *newbie*... SAY IT... "I am a newbie".

There, doesn't honesty feel better?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old July 12th 03, 06:16 PM
David Heverly

"Robert Englund" wrote in message t...
Hi

Question 1:
Has anyone else noticed that Germans have a particularly distinctive blue
ink? It's blue, but with a certain sort of purple-ish cast to it. I've only
ever seen that particular colour on letters from people in Germany. The
point is, I quite like it. Is it (or something similar) available in
England?

Robert Englund

Robert:

I know what you mean about the ink. Try rOtring Ultramarine. It's
made in Germany and they don't sell it in bottles anymore in the
United States, but it's still available here in short international
cartridges. You may be able to find bottles in England. Very nice
color with a purplish cast.

You might try an American ink, Private Reserve Tanzanite. Similar hue
and very good color. I'm very pleased with it.

David
Just adding his two cents.
Old July 13th 03, 12:18 PM
DovR

Sheldon penmart is one of those irritants that fly by and get lost or keep
on buzzing. Just ignore.