Stylus Magazine - a new pen magazine unveiled at DC

Old August 7th 03, 12:39 AM
Len Provisor

Default Stylus Magazine - a new pen magazine unveiled at DC

Posted by Len on August 6, 2003, 6:20 pm

Stylus Magazine, a new pen magazine is to be unveiled at the DC Pen
Show.
This magazine will be a sister publication to IWW International Wrist
Watch magazine which has been publishing monthly for 14 years.

Owner/publisher Gary George tells me this magazine already has over
128 pages for each of the first two issues with over 50,000
distribution.
The first issue is scheduled for Sept/Oct and will be bi-monthly.
Prototype of first issue will be shown at the DC Pen Show.

I am told the goal of the magazine's content will be 50% new pen
products, 25% related to pen shows, pen news and auctions, the balance
will be on vintage pens and technical news on both modern and vintage.
Sounds like a win-win recipe to me to satisfy avid pen magazine
readers.
The first two issues of Stylus magazine will have a complimentary copy
of IWW included in a shrink wrap.
Distribution is over 50,000 copies world wide to U.S., Europe, UK,
Italy and many book and magazine stores such as Waldens, B Dalton and
United Cigar stores in Canada.

Subscriptions are $36./year, $6.95 newstand price.

IWW web site : http://www.internationalwris****ch.com/
Old August 7th 03, 08:23 AM
DovR

Sounds like a great new addition to Pendom. So now we'll have PWI, Stylus
(reminds me of the old gramophones/turntables of long gone youth)
Stylophiles, also going to paper, Pennant, Penna, WES, Stylographe, the
German mag, name forgotten.

The more the merrier if they can all co-exist and spread the word of
fountain pens, old and new 'tis good. Wonder how it will affect
advertising. Same with the diff online bulletin boards. After all pen
collectors worldwide probably do not number more than 100,000. Or am I
mistaken.

Bob Johnson's under 21 free entry promotion is a good idea. Manufacturers
and distributors can do school specials. Kids in Europe still use fp's. Over
here, Israel, US, UK, Oz, very few if any. Max roller ball. The ubiquitous
bic stic and Pilot G5, G7 G2 and cheaper Uniball reign supreme amongst the
youngsters. They love the coloured and effervescent gels.

One of poor dead murdered Katie Hill's dreams was promulgating fp's amongst
the youth. The foul murderer, repeat offender on early release, on bail was
apprehended but Katie's first trip to Washington and the pen show ended in
mortal tragedy. Maybe a "fountain pens for kids" campaign in her name and
memory.

Opinions please and how to ideas...........................

m...