About modern flexible nibs...??

Old May 10th 04, 05:00 PM
Rara Avis

Default About modern flexible nibs...??

I would very much appreciate information on which are the modern pens that
come equipped with the most flexible nibs in this nail-oriented market of
ours. Please, relate if you feel so inclined, your experiences in writing
with such pens.

Thanks in advance,

RA
Old May 10th 04, 07:54 PM
Bluesea

"Rara Avis" wrote in message
I would very much appreciate information on which are the modern pens that
come equipped with the most flexible nibs in this nail-oriented market of
ours. Please, relate if you feel so inclined, your experiences in writing
with such pens.

Thanks in advance,

RA

The Namiki Falcon is my #1 all-time favorite pen. Overall, I prefer fine
nibs, but have both a fine and a medium because they write nicely and are
comfortable & lightweight. I bought the fine in June '02 and the medium a
year later because I couldn't get out of my mind how smooth it was when I
tried it in the store.

The medium writes like a pleasant dream and my letters range from a fine
medium to the width of a Parker medium. I use it for general writing, mostly
drafts, because my handwriting doesn't look so good when I use a medium nib
unless I sprawl out and use a lot of paper.

The fine, of course, isn't as smooth as the medium, but I like it so much
that I'm looking to buy another so that I may have another ink color. With
the fine, my letters range from extra-fine to nearly fine. I use it mostly
for personal correspondence, my journal, and as my signature pen.

HTH.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 11th 04, 10:00 PM
QuarterHorseman

If you want a *true* flex nib, go out to John Mottishaw's site at
http://www.nibs.com and take a look around.