Negative feedback bidders need not apply...

Old August 5th 03, 11:10 PM
0

You missed this gem:

WE HAVE A RETURN POLICY OF THE BID PRICE ON "RAW" COINS, WHICH HAVE
NOT BEEN PROFESSIONALLY GRADED. ON PROFESSIONAL GRADED COINS, WE DO
NOT OFFER ANY EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS, AND ASK YOU KINDLY TO BUY THE COIN
AND NOT THE "GRADING" SERVICE. THANKS KINDLY, B.H.

So, no returns on ACG coins. How convenient...

I'm afraid you have " assumed facts not yet in evidence"!

Can you consider any company to be professional that will knowingly
misrepresent their product?

Can you consider any company to be professional that will harrass a person with
a smear campaign just because they don't like the product or service?

My Webster's says...

Professional -n " 3. One who has an assured competence in a particular field
or occupation".

Draw your own conclusion... I have.
Old August 6th 03, 01:00 AM
Dan769

Well, if anybody wants anything let me know, checking to see if I would be
blocked and I am not. Guess I haven't paid my "dues" here yet.

Dan
Old August 6th 03, 03:05 AM
Linda

I think I just bought two bags from his cousin, Cletus ...

Thanks for the welcome! Good to be here!
"Wheeler" wrote in message ...

Linda..... I have not said welcome to the newsgroup to you yet!...
So here it is... Welcome to the newsgroup.... Now go and get you an
Ack-U-Crap coin. ;-)
Wheeler

Old August 6th 03, 03:22 AM
Ron

Bingo!

I saw these auctions too....talk about MAJOR RIPOFF....just read how
he writes in his auctions

So, I tried to bid too...just to see.

Well, I was blocked! Good for me...means I wouldn't lose money if I
was monetarily insane enough to buy some of his crap.

But, it does show me that mysonbrad (the seller) has a direct
(psychic?) link to AH? Since, AH was the only one to block me, as a
poster (not poster-child! ) in RCC....

Hmmmmm....

Badge of honor to be blocked as a paying bidder in ebay auctions from
scumbag sellers?

Sometimes I would just like to take these scummy cheats out to the
back of the woodshed and.....well, I am sure most of you can figure it
out (maybe it is my rural america coming out, or my army days, or just
the anger of people cheating others......)

So, anyone able to figure out the 6 degrees to AH family tree yet?
Alan and Diane begat MySonBrad?

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:12:21 +0100, Ian
wrote:

There is a conspiracy!! I tried to bid on one of his coins. I'm (gulp)
blocked from bidding.

Now.....the knee bone is connected to the hip bone, the hip bone is
connected the thigh bone......the thigh bone's connected to a ...I
shudder to think

Ian

Steve Ruud wrote:
Came across this text in a seller's auction (all caps are the sellers,
not mine):

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COIN OR GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE "DO NOT"
BID!

This sellers currently (9am EDT) has 171 auctions running, 27 have ACG
in the auction title. The above text seems to be in only the ACG
titled auctions.

Other auctions contain the cautionary warning:

IF YOU WANT TO BID AS IF THIS COIN IS ONE GRADE LOWER, PLEASE BID WITH
ANOTHER EBAY DEALER WHO IS PUSHING THE GRADES ON THEIR COINS!

And yes, this is also the seller who is offering:

1,000 PROFESSIONALLY SLABBED ACG & NGC COINS!

with an opening bid of only $15,000!

Complete offerings from this person are available at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ort=3&rows=200

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to replay via e-mail)

Old August 6th 03, 05:49 AM
A.Gent

"Ian" wrote in message
There is a conspiracy!! I tried to bid on one of his coins. I'm (gulp)
blocked from bidding.

Now.....the knee bone is connected to the hip bone, the hip bone is
connected the thigh bone......the thigh bone's connected to a ...I
shudder to think

Ian

Son-of-a...

Me too! Blocked as well.

No wonder AH's auction list has been a bit sparse of late.

Old August 6th 03, 11:10 AM
Mark Behrens

Well, Clayton has done it again.

I haven't post much here, nor have I gotten into the Accugrade bashing
here on RCC. However, I did try to bid on some of those auctions
a couple of weeks ago. Clayton kept stopping the auctions early
after I had bid. He never contacted me. Finally, I was blocked after
bidding on four different auctions.

This was the first and only time I was blocked by any seller on ebay.

I tried to bid on one of these auctions, and yes I was blocked by
this person, too.

I e-mailed this seller. He doesn't know how to unblock. He
also stated in an email to me that the person who sold him all
of the wonderful slabs helpfully blocked those who gave him
negatives.

Adding two plus two, and we have Clayton selling a lot off
a lot of stock to a newbie, 'helps' the newbie by telling him
about all of us bad people, and now we can't bid on these
auctions.

Shucks, sounds like tampering to me...

Mark

Old August 6th 03, 12:38 PM
Steve Ruud

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 06:10:38 -0400, "Mark Behrens"
wrote:

Well, Clayton has done it again.

I tried to bid on one of these auctions, and yes I was blocked by
this person, too.

I e-mailed this seller. He doesn't know how to unblock. He
also stated in an email to me that the person who sold him all
of the wonderful slabs helpfully blocked those who gave him
negatives.

This sounds almost as convenient as the "No returns on
'professionally' graded coins" me thinks!

Adding two plus two, and we have Clayton selling a lot off
a lot of stock to a newbie, 'helps' the newbie by telling him
about all of us bad people, and now we can't bid on these
auctions.

I wonder if the following paragraph appeared in the "How to become an
eBay coin dealer in 3 easy steps" message that probably brought in
this poor individual....

"Hi, I represent AH collectibles. Would you help us dump some trash
that we can't get rid of ourselves? We'll provide you with
everything, the coins, the procedures to block those trouble makers
over in RCC and will even cut you in for a little taste of the money
we're able to fish from other unsuspecting pockets."

Shucks, sounds like tampering to me...

I agree.

Old August 6th 03, 11:10 PM
Stujoe

In article , Mark Behrens spoke
thusly...
[...]

So, if this seller is telling the truth, we are on a list that is
being distributed to ebay sellers under false pretenses so they can
block us from bidding. How interesting.

--
Stu Miller
Read about Coins in the News:
Old August 7th 03, 12:42 AM
Stujoe

In article , Steve Ruud
spoke thusly...
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:10:07 -0500, Stujoe
wrote:

[...]

Are thinking RICO statutes like I am?

It might not affect me a lot as a buyer but I still find it
disturbing that there is an uncontrolled list being distributed by
someone under the pretense that I left someone a negative when I have
never left (nor received) a negative ever. If I was a seller who was
on that list, I might find it very, very disturbing.

Old August 7th 03, 01:42 AM
Bruce Remick

"A.Gent" wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message
There is a conspiracy!! I tried to bid on one of his coins. I'm (gulp)
blocked from bidding.

Now.....the knee bone is connected to the hip bone, the hip bone is
connected the thigh bone......the thigh bone's connected to a ...I
shudder to think

Ian

Son-of-a...

Me too! Blocked as well.

No wonder AH's auction list has been a bit sparse of late.

I'm ashamed to report that I am NOT blocked, as I just found out with a
test bid. I guess I'm not a frequent enough participant in ACG-related
threads, although I'm sure a Google search on my name and ACG would
yield some hits . I'll just try harder next time.

Bruce

Ebay Feedback The Poodlebutt 8 Track Tapes 11 October 15th 04 02:42 PM
Private feedback Isuamlmbf Autographs 1 May 28th 04 03:47 PM
Ebay's fake autograph bad feedback.... dahoov2 Autographs 7 May 28th 04 07:03 AM
How to credit check your auction bidders. Support General 0 October 29th 03 01:04 AM
Amazon Marketplace Feedback William M. Klimon Books 3 October 21st 03 10:44 PM