Coins

Old October 24th 06, 02:50 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Newsgroups Supervisor

Default Coins

"UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message
: I have a small lump of coins in the pocket of my jeans. I took the money
: out and just for the heck of it I counted it. I have $12.90. If there's
: any benefit at all to $1 and $2 coins, it is this: you can think you're
: broke, but really you have a fair amount of cash on hand.
:
: But I hope they don't start producing a $5 coin. There has been talk.....
:
:

Adding rec.collecting.coins where the topic belongs.

Old October 24th 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
UncleDave

"Newsgroups Supervisor" wrote in message

"UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message
: I have a small lump of coins in the pocket of my jeans. I took the
money
: out and just for the heck of it I counted it. I have $12.90. If
there's
: any benefit at all to $1 and $2 coins, it is this: you can think you're
: broke, but really you have a fair amount of cash on hand.
:
: But I hope they don't start producing a $5 coin. There has been
talk.....
:
:

Adding rec.collecting.coins where the topic belongs.

These aren't collector coins. They're spending coins. I don't want to
start a flame war with the rcc boys.

Old October 24th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Sally O'Malley

"UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message
:
: "Newsgroups Supervisor" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message
: ...
: : I have a small lump of coins in the pocket of my jeans. I took the
: money
: : out and just for the heck of it I counted it. I have $12.90. If
: there's
: : any benefit at all to $1 and $2 coins, it is this: you can think
you're
: : broke, but really you have a fair amount of cash on hand.
: :
: : But I hope they don't start producing a $5 coin. There has been
: talk.....
: :
: :
:
: Adding rec.collecting.coins where the topic belongs.
:
: These aren't collector coins. They're spending coins. I don't want to
: start a flame war with the rcc boys.
:
:

It wasnt me!

Old October 24th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Brother Larex

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:27:37 -0600, "UncleDave"
dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote:

"Newsgroups Supervisor" wrote in message

"UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message
: I have a small lump of coins in the pocket of my jeans. I took the
money
: out and just for the heck of it I counted it. I have $12.90. If
there's
: any benefit at all to $1 and $2 coins, it is this: you can think you're
: broke, but really you have a fair amount of cash on hand.
:
: But I hope they don't start producing a $5 coin. There has been
talk.....
:
:

Adding rec.collecting.coins where the topic belongs.

These aren't collector coins. They're spending coins. I don't want to
start a flame war with the rcc boys.

You always start trouble Dave! :-)
Old October 24th 06, 03:42 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
UncleDave

"Brother Larex" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, and besides whcih, I lied. I only had $12.65. I over-counted by a
quarter.

Old October 24th 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Brother Larex

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:42:28 -0600, "UncleDave"
dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote:

"Brother Larex" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

If I have $3 in my pocket they are ready to rip. In Canada I have had
$8 or $9 in my pocket quite often. It does get rather heavy though.
That Toonie is big and heavy.
Old October 24th 06, 05:35 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
UncleDave

"Brother Larex" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:42:28 -0600, "UncleDave"
dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote:

"Brother Larex" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yeah, I lined up five of them end to end and thye were the same length as my
ball point pen, longer than the mouse. Add a loonie and it more than
exceeds the length of my chequebook.

Old October 24th 06, 06:52 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Doug Donaghue

"UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message

"Newsgroups Supervisor" wrote in message

"UncleDave" dhyndman(at)sasktel.net wrote in message
: I have a small lump of coins in the pocket of my jeans. I took the
money
: out and just for the heck of it I counted it. I have $12.90. If
there's
: any benefit at all to $1 and $2 coins, it is this: you can think
you're
: broke, but really you have a fair amount of cash on hand.
:
: But I hope they don't start producing a $5 coin. There has been
talk.....
:
:

Adding rec.collecting.coins where the topic belongs.

These aren't collector coins. They're spending coins.

You may be in a hurry to disburse them for goods and/or services. But,
before you can spend them, you must first collect them. That makes them,
pretty much by definition, collector coins. The logic is irrefutable g

I don't want to start a flame war with the rcc boys.

Yeah, they're too easy to be any real fun g

Doug

Old October 27th 06, 05:12 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Spartacus

If I have $3 in my pocket they are ready to rip. In Canada I have had
$8 or $9 in my pocket quite often. It does get rather heavy though.
That Toonie is big and heavy.

I know! Up here, our pants are falling down all the time!
Women don't have to wear tops anymore! I think they
want us to breed cuz of natural selection and cuz most
of our women live in Ottawa; cuz of all the government
buildings. It's a 7 to 1 ratio though! (Some are even taller)
Anyway, I hope we don't switch to gold nuggets!

Old October 27th 06, 05:35 AM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins
Doug Donaghue

"Spartacus" wrote in message
oups.com...

If I have $3 in my pocket they are ready to rip. In Canada I have had
$8 or $9 in my pocket quite often. It does get rather heavy though.
That Toonie is big and heavy.

I know! Up here, our pants are falling down all the time!
Women don't have to wear tops anymore! I think they
want us to breed cuz of natural selection and cuz most
of our women live in Ottawa; cuz of all the government
buildings. It's a 7 to 1 ratio though! (Some are even taller)
Anyway, I hope we don't switch to gold nuggets!

Or you could start making coins out of some *realy* expensive metals such as
Osmium or Rhenium g

Doug