Got sacs in change

Old August 24th 03, 02:14 AM
phil small p

Default Got sacs in change

I got 3 sacs in change from a King Kullen supermarket friday morning.I
thought it was cool-it was the first tme since thier out that I
actually got them without asking for them.The girl at the register
seemed almost apologetic about giving them to me,but was surprised
when I said 'cool!!!'
Two were 2000,and one was an '01.I stopped trying to collect them a
while back,figuring on just taking what I would get in change,and this
was the first time I got an 01.I spent probably $50 worth of them in
the last couple of years
and they were all '00's,so I know now that I'm not the only one using
them.
Little things make me happy.
phil
Old August 24th 03, 02:26 AM
Michael G. Koerner

phil small p wrote:

I got 3 sacs in change from a King Kullen supermarket friday morning.I
thought it was cool-it was the first tme since thier out that I
actually got them without asking for them.The girl at the register
seemed almost apologetic about giving them to me,but was surprised
when I said 'cool!!!'
Two were 2000,and one was an '01.I stopped trying to collect them a
while back,figuring on just taking what I would get in change,and this
was the first time I got an 01.I spent probably $50 worth of them in
the last couple of years
and they were all '00's,so I know now that I'm not the only one using
them.
Little things make me happy.
phil

What city are you and that store in, if I may ask?

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old August 24th 03, 01:55 PM
phil small p

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message ...
phil small p wrote:

I got 3 sacs in change from a King Kullen supermarket friday morning.I
thought it was cool-it was the first tme since thier out that I
actually got them without asking for them.The girl at the register
seemed almost apologetic about giving them to me,but was surprised
when I said 'cool!!!'
Two were 2000,and one was an '01.I stopped trying to collect them a
while back,figuring on just taking what I would get in change,and this
was the first time I got an 01.I spent probably $50 worth of them in
the last couple of years
and they were all '00's,so I know now that I'm not the only one using
them.
Little things make me happy.
phil

What city are you and that store in, if I may ask?

I'm on the east end of Long Island,The store was a King Kullen
supermarket
in Bridgehampton,New York.(I live in Southampton)
I haven't seen a new state quarter since Louisiana out here.I know
thier out there,but I haven't gotten one in change.No Maine,No
Alabama,no Mississippi,and
no Illinois.I'm sure I'll come across them,I'm in no hurry,but its
just unusual that I haven't seen any,and a couple of my friends who
collect them haven't either.
phil
Old August 25th 03, 06:02 AM
Dave Allured

Congrats phil!!! Now you need to drive down to Texas and hurl one of
them across the Trininy River.

It's in the Rules. (RCC inside joke.) ;-)

--Dave

Old August 25th 03, 10:35 PM
phil small p

phil small p wrote:

I got 3 sacs in change from a King Kullen supermarket friday morning.I
thought it was cool-it was the first tme since thier out that I
actually got them without asking for them.The girl at the register
seemed almost apologetic about giving them to me,but was surprised
when I said 'cool!!!'
Two were 2000,and one was an '01.I stopped trying to collect them a
while back,figuring on just taking what I would get in change,and this
was the first time I got an 01.I spent probably $50 worth of them in
the last couple of years
and they were all '00's,so I know now that I'm not the only one using
them.
Little things make me happy.
phil

I just finished a week of my vacation-I still have a couple of weeks
coming,so on my next week off,I'll have to see what I can do.
phil