Sacs and Sucres

Old October 31st 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

Default Sacs and Sucres

I know Ecuador uses US dollar coins in everyday commerce and you would
expect to see Sacajawea dollars there. (I'm unsure if we send them
Presidential dollars too.)

But what I found in a roll of dollar coins reverses this: a 1986 one
sucre coin from Ecuador! I wonder how this coin made it to the US.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old October 31st 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ed Hendricks

Paul Anderson wrote:
I know Ecuador uses US dollar coins in everyday commerce and you would
expect to see Sacajawea dollars there. (I'm unsure if we send them
Presidential dollars too.)

But what I found in a roll of dollar coins reverses this: a 1986 one
sucre coin from Ecuador! I wonder how this coin made it to the US.

Paul

I don't know how it got there, but you got ripped! :-) The sucre is pretty much
worthless. Certainly not worth the dollar that it replaced in the roll.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old October 31st 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:48:13 -0400, Paul Anderson
wrote:

I know Ecuador uses US dollar coins in everyday commerce and you would
expect to see Sacajawea dollars there. (I'm unsure if we send them
Presidential dollars too.)

But what I found in a roll of dollar coins reverses this: a 1986 one
sucre coin from Ecuador! I wonder how this coin made it to the US.

Oddly enough, I purchased a new automobile on Monday. The salesman
was from Ecuador. That didn't strike me as unusual since there are
many South Americans living and working in Florida.

Had you posted this on Monday morning, I would have asked the guy if
he brought any Ecuadorian pocket change into the country.
--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

More about Sacs kathy1945 Coins 81 March 31st 07 08:48 PM
$1,000 sacs and SBAs howard Coins 1 June 22nd 06 02:00 AM
Thansk to SACs we eat f b Coins 1 December 17th 04 01:47 PM
Source for ink sacs John B. Egger Pens & Pencils 6 October 14th 04 04:34 AM
Sacs in 2004? eXistenZ32 Coins 2 July 18th 03 06:33 PM