NZ Health stamps~was soaking

Old April 16th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default NZ Health stamps~was soaking

Hi Peter,
welcome to the NG.
Here is a little cartoon regarding NZ health,
which has been posted a few years back.
May be of interest.
http://cjoint.com/data/eqmYzo21MQ.htm

Acknowledgement:
"Australian Stamp News" circa 1976

Old April 16th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

"Rod" wrote in message
Hi Peter,
welcome to the NG.
Here is a little cartoon regarding NZ health,
which has been posted a few years back.
May be of interest.
http://cjoint.com/data/eqmYzo21MQ.htm

Acknowledgement:
"Australian Stamp News" circa 1976

Re the Peter Pan stamp
What was curious is why the Kensington Gardens statue was used when there
was a local example that could have been used - Peter Pan with Wendy - in
the Oamaru Gardens - by Scott Thomas J. Clapperton - see
http://www.nzine.co.nz/Links/Oamaru/index0.html

Old April 16th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter in New Zealand

"Gazza" wrote in message

"Rod" wrote in message
Hi Peter,
welcome to the NG.
Here is a little cartoon regarding NZ health,
which has been posted a few years back.
May be of interest.
http://cjoint.com/data/eqmYzo21MQ.htm

Acknowledgement:
"Australian Stamp News" circa 1976

Re the Peter Pan stamp
What was curious is why the Kensington Gardens statue was used when there
was a local example that could have been used - Peter Pan with Wendy - in
the Oamaru Gardens - by Scott Thomas J. Clapperton - see
http://www.nzine.co.nz/Links/Oamaru/index0.html

I never thought of the fact that the NZ statue was not used. I would imagine
that, as NZ was still very much seen as an "extension" of GB back in the
1940s the decision to use the English statue was largely automatic. People
still talked about the "old country" and the "mother country" back then. As
a matter of curiosity, when listening to old radio news clips from as late
as the 1960s there is a distinct "English" tone to the voices. Sounds funny
to us today, although we now have such an SE Asian melting pot, esp. in the
Auckland area, that we still wonder who we are occasionally. grin
--
Peter in New Zealand. (Pull the plug out to reply.)
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and

Old April 16th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter in New Zealand

"Gazza" wrote in message

"Rod" wrote in message
Hi Peter,
welcome to the NG.
Here is a little cartoon regarding NZ health,
which has been posted a few years back.
May be of interest.
http://cjoint.com/data/eqmYzo21MQ.htm

Acknowledgement:
"Australian Stamp News" circa 1976

Re the Peter Pan stamp
What was curious is why the Kensington Gardens statue was used when there
was a local example that could have been used - Peter Pan with Wendy - in
the Oamaru Gardens - by Scott Thomas J. Clapperton - see
http://www.nzine.co.nz/Links/Oamaru/index0.html

Thank you for the link to that web page re the NZ Peter Pan Health Stamp. I
have notices this web site seemes to be referred to quite often in the
group. I have tried to get to the home page, but end up with a page in
French. The last French I studied was in 1960 at high school, so is there
aaan English home page for this rough colonial smile to look at please?
Thank you.

Old April 17th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_2_]

Peter in New Zealand wrote :

Thank you for the link to that web page re the NZ Peter Pan Health
Stamp. I have noticed this web site seems to be referred to quite
often in the group. I have tried to get to the home page, but end up
with a page in French.

Hello Peter,

Welcome also to rcsd from one of the 5 to 10 French contributors to this
nice news-group :-)
Coming to your question : I could not find any home page in French.

Could you give us the address of it in order to try to help you ?

For me either

http://www.nzine.co.nz/Links/Oamaru/index0.html
or
http://www.nzine.co.nz/Links/
or
http://www.nzine.co.nz

are in English.

If you are speaking of this one :
http://cjoint.com/

This is just the welcome page of a French site which allows anybody to
place there a picture (maximum 500 Ko and 21 days) and copy the address
in a post here in rcsd.

The detailed "modus operandi" in English is posted here from time to
time.

The last French I studied was in 1960 at high
school, so is there an English home page for this rough colonial
smile to look at please? Thank you.

Then to recover what you learned in the old days, you may also join the
French speaking community of philatelists here :

:-))))

All the best,
Pierre Courtiade
(Now 63 and collecting stamps for 54 yrs + )

--
courtiade at free dot fr

Old April 17th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter in New Zealand

All the best,
Pierre Courtiade
(Now 63 and collecting stamps for 54 yrs + )

--
courtiade at free dot fr

Thank you Pierre. Now I understand about the web site. Ummm, after looking
at that French speaking newsgroup, and attempting to read some posts out
loud, my 9 year old grandson almost fell off his seat laughing at me. When I
told him I was speaking French he laughed even harder. I dunno, must be
something in my accent grin.

Thank you for reminding me that our town of Oamaru has a Peter Pan statue in
it's gardens. Actually the city of Dunedin a little further south on the
coast also has a Peter Pan statue in its gardens. They seem to be all the
rage out here.

I apologise for taking this thread somewhat off topic in this group, but I
have found it most interesting.

Merci, mes amis (Oh boy did I get that right, please no offence intended by
my butchering of a noble language)

Old April 17th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_2_]

Peter in New Zealand a écrit :
Thank you Pierre. Now I understand about the web site.

You are very welcome, Peter !

Ummm, after
looking at that French speaking newsgroup, and attempting to read
some posts out loud, my 9 year old grandson almost fell off his seat
laughing at me. When I told him I was speaking French he laughed even
harder. I dunno, must be something in my accent grin.

He he he :-))))
Tomorrow, I will read these posts in English to my grandsons (6 and 8
years old) and see their reaction :-)
Not now as it is 3:30 am here in France :-)
In fact, it was a joke to lead you to the French speaking group (where
some times our discussions are quite esoteric !) But there was a smiley
:-)

Thank you for reminding me that our town of Oamaru has a Peter Pan
statue in it's gardens. Actually the city of Dunedin a little further
south on the coast also has a Peter Pan statue in its gardens. They
seem to be all the rage out here.

BTW it is Gazza (from NZ as well as yourself ?) who gave the address for
the Peter Pan statue in Oamaru, not me ! But I'm sure he will read your
thanks.

I apologise for taking this thread somewhat off topic in this group,
but I have found it most interesting.

No problem at all I think : at this time only you and I are apparently
sharing the bandwith of this group (and our French "gendarme" DC is
apparently asleep as well :-)

Merci, mes amis (Oh boy did I get that right, please no offence
intended by my butchering of a noble language)

Excellent !!!
It is indeed perfect French and very "à propos" (adapted to the thread).
Congratulations for your wonderful memory !

--
Kind regards,
Pierre Courtiade

Old April 17th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Gazza" wrote in message
Re the Peter Pan stamp
What was curious is why the Kensington Gardens statue was used when there
was a local example that could have been used - Peter Pan with Wendy - in
the Oamaru Gardens - by Scott Thomas J. Clapperton - see
http://www.nzine.co.nz/Links/Oamaru/index0.html

I'd agree Gazza,
that statue is tailor made for a NZ health stamp.

Gazza, as an aside, I was browsing some commentary
on the NZ "document transfer stamps" a while back,
and I'm not sure exactly how that worked.
Care to explain / comment please?

Old April 17th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Peter in New Zealand" wrote in message

aaan English home page for this rough colonial smile to look at please?
Thank you.

G'day Peter,
that is not a web site, rather, a server on which we can
store and display images for a short time.
Brought to our attention by Mr. Pierre Courtiade, a member here,
it has been an invaluable aid to our discussions.

If you insert the text string "cjoint" in the "search this newsgroup"
here.......
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...opics?hl=en&lr
=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

You can regurgitate the instructions on how to post an image
from past discussions about it.

HTH