"Specimens" and "CTO's" for the Australian palate.

Old April 3rd 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default "Specimens" and "CTO's" for the Australian palate.

How you view "Specimens" is left to the personal opinion
of the reader, however to illustrate that not all are "leaked"
and, "near cinderella" imho likened to "near pregnant"
I offer some info below.
This doesn't address the catalogue status, as these issues
remain the whim of the issuing authority, and thus can only really
therefore attract a sub-listing of "a" through "z"

In my opinion, kudos to the Australian Post Office for
releasing these, how else can the less fortunate, and / or
kids be able to afford the higher values?
Personally I would choose a "specimen" in most cases
before a fine used. The stamp retains its inherent character,
freshness and subject to all the foibles of a normal print run.

Specimens~ An Australian Perspective

From the first commonwealth stamp in 1913, the Post Office made

available to the public, folders containing one each, of all stamps
current at the time
(1 pound per folder ($2))
(I wonder if this is then "issued" or "released" , and if there
is
a difference.)

The values up to 50c 5/- were cancelled CTO
the rest (to two pounds) were overprinted "SPECIMEN"

The current list of specimen overprints vary from a set of 5 ($9)
to the "Robes" SPECIMEN issue currently valued at $875

To date I have been unable to locate a SG concise
so the Catalogue status of the issued paintings specimens remain
unknown.

Old April 4th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

G'day Tony,
I was referring to the/a catalogue number for the
specimen "issue"
Only 2 out of 5 catalogues in my library list them at all.
I am seeking a SG concise catalogue reference, for none
other than curiosity.

Old April 4th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

The current list of specimen overprints vary from a set of 5 ($9)
to the "Robes" SPECIMEN issue currently valued at $875

Ooops,
seems I missed these
http://cjoint.com/data/eembVMdrtQ.htm

Old April 4th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

In a recent message "Rodney" wrote:

G'day Tony,
I was referring to the/a catalogue number for the
specimen "issue"
Only 2 out of 5 catalogues in my library list them at all.
I am seeking a SG concise catalogue reference, for none
other than curiosity.

| Which year are you referring to for the latter?
| $5 McMahon's Point, $10 Coming South and the later $2 On the Wallaby Track
| are 9 GBP for the three.
|
| The $5 A Holiday at Mentone is 2.75 GBP

They do not have separate catalogue numbers.

The values of the Specimen issues are quoted alongside the
usual mint/used listings or as a set at the bottom of the set listing.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old April 4th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Yes, that's what I assumed Blair,
It originates from an advert, so the "quality control"
hence not so stringent.

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rodney: