A Return & Two Question :)

Old June 27th 03, 06:00 PM
No Dice

Default A Return & Two Question :)

Rob Riemensnyder wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm baaaack. I know it's been a while since I posted here. I've been
having a bit of problems with the ol' computer. Had to get the whole thing
retooled and reprogrammed, thanks to an oh so wonderful bug.

I've had loads of successes (including a few surprising ones) since I last
posted. I will be uploading them to my site when I finally get 'round to
updating it next week.

Anyway, here are the questions...

The first is a postage question. I want to attempt Alicia Silverstone via the
Scooby Doo sequel addy that's on Star Archive. However, I'm unsure of the
postage that I should include. The movie is filming in British Columbia. How
should I handle the return envelope? Should I include IRCs? If so, would two
be enough? Or is U.S. postage also used up there?

With VERY few exceptions, none of the movie set addresses posted on Star
Archive are ever going to produce any positive results. The reason
people have successes at movie sets is because the addresses aren't
posted and the celebs aren't swamped with mail. That is why people only
post "via venue" and they don't post the address.
Old June 27th 03, 07:24 PM
jimgonsalves

Here's the web site for the USPS:
http://www.usps.com

Postage to Canada is more expensive than to locations in the US, even if
they are rather close.
Mary

Old June 28th 03, 12:42 AM
Gunther

Hi Rob,

What some have done is just throw a buck in there for return postage
from Canada if they didn't have any Canadian postage. I've seen this
work for people at times. It appears that in Canada (I could
certainly be wrong) that an IRC is redeemable for $1.25, so you would
probably need two which is pricey.

Just be aware that if you use the standard 9"x12" envelope as an SASE,
it is considered "non-standard & oversize" in Canada coming back to
the U.S.

Certainly cheaper in the long run to get Canadian Postage. If you
have a credit card, you can call 1-800-565-4362 and order what you
need. As long as it is over $5.00 canadian in postage, they ship it
to you free (even to the U.S.). They have always been fast for me, I
usually get them within a week from order date. The last time I just
ordered a couple rolls of their 77c stamps. Sure it is over the
CAN$1.40 I would need for my requests, but I can just stick two on and
be done with it. I used to get the 25c stamps with CAN$1.25 stamps,
but the 25c stamps were only available in the "lick to stick" at that
time.

FWIW,
Jerry

On 27 Jun 2003 16:38:09 GMT, (Rob Riemensnyder)
wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm baaaack. I know it's been a while since I posted here. I've been
having a bit of problems with the ol' computer. Had to get the whole thing
retooled and reprogrammed, thanks to an oh so wonderful bug.

I've had loads of successes (including a few surprising ones) since I last
posted. I will be uploading them to my site when I finally get 'round to
updating it next week.

Anyway, here are the questions...

The first is a postage question. I want to attempt Alicia Silverstone via the
Scooby Doo sequel addy that's on Star Archive. However, I'm unsure of the
postage that I should include. The movie is filming in British Columbia. How
should I handle the return envelope? Should I include IRCs? If so, would two
be enough? Or is U.S. postage also used up there?

The second question has to do with an actress from one of my fave movies, The
Ring. It's been said that Naomi Watts is very good via movie sets. IMDB has
two "filming" movies listed for her - The Assassination of Richard Nixon and I
Love Huckabee's. Does anyone have addresses for either of these movies? Heck,
does anyone even know if they're still filming?

Happy Collecting ya'll! It's great to be back!

Rob

Ebay Question winnard 8 Track Tapes 0 September 23rd 04 05:34 PM
Capitol 'Lumpy Gravy' Cart Question ommadawn 8 Track Tapes 0 July 31st 04 03:04 PM
Car Stereo Question..For YOU! Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 13 May 6th 04 10:20 PM
The Answer To Chuckie's Question: freakfield 8 Track Tapes 0 February 9th 04 06:42 PM
Rare Pink Floyd Animals 8-Track Question Mfatoldsun 8 Track Tapes 13 August 21st 03 10:43 PM