Attention Glen Stephens of Sydney, Australia

Old April 17th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Paul Herber

Default Attention Glen Stephens of Sydney, Australia

Glen Stephens of Lothlòrien", #4 The Tor Walk, Castlecrag, (Sydney)
N.S.W. 2068. AUSTRALIA

For some reason you started spamming me on 6th February. I have never
signed up to your mailing list.
I asked you where you got my email address from and to remove me. You
responded with:
"I have no idea - someone may have signed you up via my direct link.
Click on link at end of email and you are removed."

No reputable stamp dealer would respond in that manner. I tried your
unsubscribe link but I still get more junk from you.

Remove me immediately.

If anyone knows Glen please direct him to this message.

Spam me at your peril.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Old April 17th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alan

Paul Herber wrote:
Glen Stephens of Lothlòrien", #4 The Tor Walk, Castlecrag, (Sydney)
N.S.W. 2068. AUSTRALIA

For some reason you started spamming me on 6th February. I have never
signed up to your mailing list.
I asked you where you got my email address from and to remove me. You
responded with:
"I have no idea - someone may have signed you up via my direct link.
Click on link at end of email and you are removed."

No reputable stamp dealer would respond in that manner. I tried your
unsubscribe link but I still get more junk from you.

Remove me immediately.

If anyone knows Glen please direct him to this message.

Spam me at your peril.

But you can 'Spam" here ?
Old April 17th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:10:29 +0100, Paul Herber
wrote:

Glen Stephens of Lothlòrien", #4 The Tor Walk, Castlecrag, (Sydney)
N.S.W. 2068. AUSTRALIA

For some reason you started spamming me on 6th February. I have never
signed up to your mailing list.
I asked you where you got my email address from and to remove me. You
responded with:
"I have no idea - someone may have signed you up via my direct link.
Click on link at end of email and you are removed."

No reputable stamp dealer would respond in that manner. I tried your
unsubscribe link but I still get more junk from you.

Remove me immediately.

If anyone knows Glen please direct him to this message.

Spam me at your peril.

Them sounds like a fightin's words, I think?
Old April 17th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:17:51 -0400, Alan wrote:

Paul Herber wrote:
Glen Stephens of Lothlòrien", #4 The Tor Walk, Castlecrag, (Sydney)
N.S.W. 2068. AUSTRALIA

For some reason you started spamming me on 6th February. I have never
signed up to your mailing list.
I asked you where you got my email address from and to remove me. You
responded with:
"I have no idea - someone may have signed you up via my direct link.
Click on link at end of email and you are removed."

No reputable stamp dealer would respond in that manner. I tried your
unsubscribe link but I still get more junk from you.

Remove me immediately.

If anyone knows Glen please direct him to this message.

Spam me at your peril.

But you can 'Spam" here ?

What is truly interesting is that he seems to absolutely, without a
doubt know that GS spammed him. Had it ever occurred to him that
someone else could have been changing the sender's info and sent it in
GS's name?

Happens all the time. Some viruses will harvest e-mail addys and then
spam others - the person the recipient thinks sent them the e-mail
didn't do it.

C'est la vie...
Old April 17th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Paul Herber

Paul Herber wrote:
[...]

Don't know about interesting and don't know why the reference to me in
the 3rd person.
Er, well, yes, that can happen but GS doesn't deny it. Apparently I am
signed up to his philatelic mailing list. I have asked to be removed.
I follow his instructions to be removed but I get more of his mailing
list emails.

You may not recognise my name but I have read and posted here since
1996, the last time being just 12 days ago.

Old April 18th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Paul Herber wrote:
[...]

Well, you haven't been a household name around here.

Er, well, yes, that can happen but GS doesn't deny it. Apparently I am
signed up to his philatelic mailing list. I have asked to be removed.
I follow his instructions to be removed but I get more of his mailing
list emails.

Persistent bugger, he is...

You may not recognise my name but I have read and posted here since
1996, the last time being just 12 days ago.

Been on the boards a little longer than that, but this is not to be a
peeing contest. As mentioned, you may have been here but not a full
time player... That said, that's fine also.

I guess that posting something like you did here wouldn't reach GS
anyway. I haven't seen in these parts for quite some time now.
Old April 18th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Douglas Myall

"Paul Herber" wrote in message
ell.net...
Glen Stephens of Lothlòrien", #4 The Tor Walk, Castlecrag, (Sydney)
N.S.W. 2068. AUSTRALIA

For some reason you started spamming me on 6th February. I have

never
signed up to your mailing list.
I asked you where you got my email address from and to remove me.

You
responded with:
"I have no idea - someone may have signed you up via my direct link.
Click on link at end of email and you are removed."

No reputable stamp dealer would respond in that manner. I tried your
unsubscribe link but I still get more junk from you.

Remove me immediately.

If anyone knows Glen please direct him to this message.

Spam me at your peril.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.

http://www.sandrila.co.uk/

"Spam me at your peril" eh? What sanctions will you apply and can I do
the same?

Douglas

Old April 18th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

"Paul Herber" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ell.net...
Glen Stephens of Lothlòrien", #4 The Tor Walk, Castlecrag, (Sydney)
N.S.W. 2068. AUSTRALIA

Hello Mr. Herber,

it is better zu light a candle than complain on darkness :-)

I can understand, that You are annoyed to receive spam, and really, who
would be not?
But a small change within the options of Your Email client and its
spamfilter would resolve Your problem too. May be this is more effective
than this thread.

kindest regards from Germany

Gerhard Reichert, part time stamp collector and stamp hunter

Old April 18th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:27:32 +0200, "Gerhard Reichert"
wrote:

But a small change within the options of Your Email client and its
spamfilter would resolve Your problem too. May be this is more effective
than this thread.

I use Earthlink's mail program which allows me to block a sender.
However, there's also a "feature" of Earthlink that sends me an email
to notify me that a blocked sender's message has been blocked. The
net reduction in email is zero.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old April 18th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Paul Herber

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:28:58 +0100, "Douglas Myall"
wrote:

"Paul Herber" wrote in message
well.net...
[...]

You can certainly do the same if you like, Douglas. I have a zero spam
tolerance. Until last year I was running two philatelic mailing lists,
there was no way that I would use them to send mail to unwilling
recipients. Somehow I got added to GS's mailing list and I wanted to
be removed, he refused to remove me and provided no mechanism for me
to remove myself. He claims to be a reputable stamp dealer.

Anyway, the people who run his mailing lists have now dealt with the
situation.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/