Precious Metals

Old March 20th 10, 02:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Precious Metals

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
I could never figure out whether they were supposed to greet you
going in or coming out. Or coming in or going out.

Going out is when you will encounter the angry black woman who will
take out her hatred of the entire white race on you while
microscopically examining your sales receipt, lest you be tempted to
steal a stick of chewing gum!

Are you sure that's a "greeter"? Don't they just get one shot at
you on the way in? But then they seem to have the same two-way
surveillance at Costco, too.

This practice has been around for a long time, and in many locations. I
experienced it at Cracker Barrel this past week. The greater the
merchandise "shrinkage" potential, the more likely you are to be "welcomed"
by store staff. It has nothing to do with how happy they are to see you,
although some businesses make a greater effort than others to make it appear
that way. CB is one of the better ones.

James the Cynic

Old March 20th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! I frequently encounter a "welcomer" at my local BofA. A bit awkward
and irritating, but I suppose she/he is checking to see if I'm wearing a ski
mask in August or if I ask to compose a note at the desk before approaching
a teller window. Or if all I want is to score a role of those new pennies.

I've never noticed a greeter at Cracker Barrel. Maybe that's their
strategy. I might have expected it back when they were selling the latest
Beanie Babies, but not when most customers simply want a chicken fried
country gravy steak and one of them yummy orange creamsicle drinks.

Old March 20th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message
[...]

For the record, the person who welcomed me was not an official greeter, but
someone who was there to stock merchandise, at least I think that's why our
paths crossed. I got the impression that she had been instructed to do that
whenever she had the chance. But I could be wong, she might just have been
a naturally friendly person.

James, Lover of CB Burgers, Cooked Medium, and Served on Grilled Sourdough
Bread
'and Stewart's root beer in a frozen mug to go with it'

Old March 20th 10, 06:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Jud wrote:
On Mar 16, 11:30 am, Jud wrote:
A bit of a spike this morning for silver and gold. And yes,
Petronius, I know that others know how to access prices...but when I
see that they have gone up or down quickly, timing can be everything!

And the death spiral continues!

Does this mean that I'm going to have to go back to my job as greeter at
Walmart?

James the Lazy

cafrefull with that pushcart, eugene.
Old March 21st 10, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
reality

On Mar 19, 4:55*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Reality wrote:
On Mar 19, 4:36 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Bruce Remick wrote:
Jud wrote:
On Mar 16, 11:30 am, Jud wrote:
A bit of a spike this morning for silver and gold. And yes,
Petronius, I know that others know how to access prices...but
when I see that they have gone up or down quickly, timing can be
everything!

And the death spiral continues!

Does this mean that I'm going to have to go back to my job as
greeter at Walmart?

James the Lazy

There are few things more embarassing than having been laid off as
a WalMart greeter.

They told me it had something to do with my inability to be
cheerful. Wait, the guy who replaced me has the same problem, but
even worse. Must have been something else then.

James the Snarky

I could never figure out whether they were supposed to greet you
going in or coming out. Or coming in or going out.

Going in. *I've heard that it significanly reduces shoplifting.
Because when someone has seen your face, and engages you while
entering the store, that the casual shoplifter is less likely to
steal. *OTOH the pros probably could care less.

They also put a sticker on anything you are carrying in for refund,
exchange, or adjustment.

James, Been There, Done That

Nice. Screw all shoplifters.
Old March 24th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Mar 23, 2:18*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

When I am, you will be the first to know.

Old March 24th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Mar 24, 8:08*am, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

One must wonder why you appear to be so gleeful every time PM prices take a dip.

Now you seem to be the one who never tires of being wrong. I also
reported it when prices went up. Perhaps you are a troll? No, I have
seen enough of you to know that you are. As much as I would love a
battle of wits with you, you seem to have come unarmed.

Old March 25th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Mar 24, 2:36*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Such rapier wit!
Why is anyone with whom you disagree a troll?
Never mind, I'll just put you in my kill file for a while.
PLONK

Hurray! I finally made RF's killfile! The only problem is, it will
disappear the next time he nym shifts. Or, more likely, he really
hasn't plonked me and is reading this now. Tee hee. In the words of
that immortal philosopher "What a maroon!" Bugs Bunny

Old April 7th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Precious metal prices are going up fast today.
(Attn: Scurvy Dog - See! I report when the prices rise as well! Oh, I
forgot, you plonked me, and can't see this)

Precious Metals Jud Coins 15 November 17th 09 07:47 PM
Precious metals question Paul Ciszek Coins 10 April 22nd 09 09:30 PM
Go long on precious metals stonej Coins 0 May 20th 06 01:09 PM
Precious Metals Edmond Wollmann Coins 5 March 17th 05 06:43 AM