Pen recommendations?

Old February 3rd 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Pen recommendations?

I'd like to solicit recommendations for a pen to get for "corporate
use", i.e., a $100-200 nice pen which is nice, well made, and pleasant
to write with. Now, I don't want to start a huge discussion about the
merit of various brands, but my point is that I would like to stay away
from what appears to be the market leader, Mont Blanc. What other
brands should I consider, which have a good quality to price ratio?

Thanks.

Fredrik

Old February 3rd 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Waterman Expert www.oscarbraunpens.com
Cross Verve www.swisherpens.com
Sheaffer Legacy from www.penhero.com

Also, if you go to www.pentrace.com, and click on the link for
shopping, choose Pen Market, someone is selling some very good pens at
reasonable prices:

Waterman LeMan 100 for 135.00
Parker Red Jasper Centennial for 195.00

These are very good pens. The seller's ad reads "This Monring's Mess
o' Pens" by JRG.

OK, where is john cline the deuce?

Old February 3rd 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

I'd like to solicit recommendations for a pen to get for "corporate
use", i.e., a $100-200 nice pen which is nice, well made, and pleasant
to write with. Now, I don't want to start a huge discussion about the
merit of various brands, but my point is that I would like to stay away
from what appears to be the market leader, Mont Blanc. What other
brands should I consider, which have a good quality to price ratio?

Thanks.

Fredrik

I would suggest a Pelikan Souveran; I have the 800. You might want to
go larger or smaller depending on the size of your hand.

I also just got a Conklin Duragraph with a medium nib. It's a wonderful
writer, though a bit large - about the size of a Pelikan 1000.
Old February 3rd 06, 11:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

A selection from the Pelikan Souveran line (choose your size: 400, 600, 800)
would be a great choice. You may also want to look at a Parker Sonnet.

Gordon

Old February 4th 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:39:17 +0100, Fredrik Glöckner typed:

I'd like to solicit recommendations for a pen to get for "corporate
use", i.e., a $100-200 nice pen which is nice, well made, and pleasant
to write with. Now, I don't want to start a huge discussion about the
merit of various brands, but my point is that I would like to stay away
from what appears to be the market leader, Mont Blanc. What other
brands should I consider, which have a good quality to price ratio?

Thanks.

Fredrik

I'll second the Pelikan 600, and add the Lamy 2000 - it's a quiet
matte black with matte stainless clip.
--
Cordially,

Serge Dasara
2/3/2006 8:47:30 PM
Old February 4th 06, 02:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

If you want to take a little more time, there are a number of very good
sellers of vintage pens you could check - restored, great writers, and which
would give a bit of character to their use. You could probably get
something well serviceable for the $100-200 price.

There are a number of websites with links to vintage dealers. Inkpen vintage
writing, Pendmonium, Rosspens, The Vintage Pens Website, etc. Most have
links which can take you to other sites. Others on this list could chime in
with additional sources.

Old February 4th 06, 04:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Sailor Professional Gear. It's at the top of your range, and it's
definitely different from a MontBlanc. Here is a non-commercial site
with three photos of the Sailor Professional Gear (or Sailor 1911
Professional Gear) in a lineup with other top-of-the-line pens by other
manufacturers: http://www.timbutterfield.com/gallery/PenGroups

Google "Sailor Professional Gear" and you'll find a range of vendors
and prices.

Old February 4th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

While you're looking at those pictures, pay attention to the Danitrio
Densho Raw Ebonite pen. It's about $150, needs to be ordered (don't
think it's in stores anywhere), very flexible nib, very distinguished
looking with a number of neat features related to it's being an
eyedropper pen. Review is on the Fountain Pen Network at
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...+raw+eb onite,
plus three pages of comments on the pen.

Good luck in your search!