What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 12, 12:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

On Feb 10, 1:34*am, Toke Nørby wrote:
Jud wrote:

..snip

Being the obsessive/compulsive type of 'complete collection'
collector, I admit to having purchased some PNC's from Australia as it
was the ONLY way to obtain a certain coin. Since I did that a few
times, and the RAM has come out with a plethora of NCLT coins, I have
discontinued my mania and now only collect coins that circulate.

Thanks Jud - what does RAM and NCLT mean? - I guess that the last
means Never Circulated ?? (I'm a stamp collector- so just curious!).
Seems to be a business only trying to empty your pocket. Stamp
collectors have also obstructed to countries issuing stamps of high
and un-usefull face values - even this don't happen so often any more.
In old days FIP (our world organization) made lists of "unwanted
stamps" meaning that such stamps were not to be included in exhibits.
Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010:http://norbyhus.dk/

RAM means "Royal Australian Mint" and NCLT means "non-circulating
legal tender" (i.e., collectors-only coin issues which never end up in
people's pockets actually being used as money).

There are no living stamp collectors remaining here in America. They
all committed suicide many years ago when the stupidity of their hobby
(finally) became apparent and they realized that they had lost over
85% of their invested money.

Collect gold and silver coins.

oly

Your Opinion Please, Fake Coin? El Vigilante Coins 8 August 10th 05 08:06 AM
Opinion Wanted on Euro Coin Set PCameron Coins 10 March 8th 04 08:47 PM
Opinion on software to manage coin collection. gogu Coins 0 February 20th 04 05:11 PM
Coin Store Opinion fonty Coins 4 January 28th 04 01:33 AM
how about an opinion on this coin please Crownliner Coins 21 January 13th 04 02:30 AM