Buying American Eagles Online

Old May 5th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Buying American Eagles Online

Does anyone have suggestions on online companies to buy from?
moderncoinmart.com seems to be the biggest
Thanks
Old May 9th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On May 5, 7:53*pm, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Sun, 4 May 2008 20:17:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions on online companies to buy from?

apmex and kitco.

moderncoinmart.com seems to be the biggest

Never heard of 'em. *Your post smells like shill-spam to me. *What is
your exact relationship with this site, please?

No, not spam, no relationship with any site. just trying to find good
sites with good reputations and trying to avoid the bad ones, thought
this was the place to ask
Old May 10th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions on online companies to buy from?

apmex and kitco.

moderncoinmart.com seems to be the biggest

Never heard of 'em. Your post smells like shill-spam to me. What is
your exact relationship with this site, please?

No, not spam, no relationship with any site. *just trying to find good
sites with good reputations and trying to avoid the bad ones, thought
this was the place to ask

Most people who post here appreciate an exhange of information.

Hinz likes to puff his throat sack and show everyone how adept he is at
exposing spammers, shills, "nym-shifters", phantasms, and liberals. *Think
of him as a chiuahaha that very aggressively and persitently yaps at you
threatening to bite your ankle.

Most members here seem to favor kitco. *I have never bought from them but
they do have cool charts and graphs and the shipping seems somewhat
reasonable.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you! Will he assume you work for kitco now?
Old May 10th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

wrote:

Thank you! Will he assume you work for kitco now?

Quite likely. According to him I am the world's worst "nym-shifter", for
whatever that is worth.

Old May 10th 08, 11:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? ?????? ??? ??????
wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions on online companies to buy from?

apmex and kitco.

moderncoinmart.com seems to be the biggest

Never heard of 'em. Your post smells like shill-spam to me. What is
your exact relationship with this site, please?

No, not spam, no relationship with any site. just trying to find good
sites with good reputations and trying to avoid the bad ones, thought
this was the place to ask

Don't worry, Hinz is a well known idiot and an ill education poster.
Just ignore him.

Old May 10th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour[_2_]

gogu wrote:
? ?????? ??? ??????
No, not spam, no relationship with any site. just trying to find
good sites with good reputations and trying to avoid the bad ones,
thought this was the place to ask

Don't worry, Hinz is a well known idiot and an ill education poster.
Just ignore him.

Not to defend Hinz, but I had the same thought about the OP.

He posted a link to a site that I'd never heard of, seemed overpriced,
and just smelled a little "fishy" and claimed it "seems to be the biggest".

If the OP is after bullion coins, I recommend the following:
Bullion Direct: https://www.bulliondirect.com/index.jsp
AJPM: http://www.ajpm.com/
MJPM: http://www.mjpm.com/

However, if he's after collectible and/or slabbed coins, then eBay may
be the best venue.

--
Jim Seymour
Old May 11th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Thanks everyone, the only reason I mentioned it is bacause everytime I
searched for American Eagles it was the top hit along with
shopnbc.com, (and no, I do not work for them either).

What I was really looking for are new Eagles that have been graded (MS/
PF 70), Are most people on this group buying multi coins and then
having them graded? Would I be paying too much to buy one online that
has already been graded?

Thanks again
Old May 11th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

one example I am intrested in is:

2008-W $1 Silver American Eagle w/ the Reverse of 2007 MS70

AMERICAN SILVER EAGLES SILVER EAGLE Coins 11 April 4th 08 10:08 PM
2007 American Eagles Jamez Coins 4 January 14th 07 08:14 PM
How Much Should I pay for 1oz (Gold) American Eagles? Justin Coins 2 September 21st 05 06:26 PM
American Eagles Wes Chormicle Coins 0 August 8th 04 04:54 PM
American Silver Eagles [email protected] Coins 5 October 8th 03 03:56 PM