$$Empty Canvas Bank Bags (2), 1980 Red Book

Old September 10th 05, 09:39 PM
Bob

Default $$Empty Canvas Bank Bags (2), 1980 Red Book

I have had two canvas bank bags sitting around for over 40 years and am
ready to pass them on to the next collector:

1. 8" x 15" (folded in center) - "PLEASE DO NOT CUT/BAG WHEN OPENING
THIS BAG SHOULD BE RETURNED TO/FEDERAL RESERVE BANK/OF CHICAGO/CHICAGO,
ILL.
WRAPPED COIN/FORM 5-485 50M 8-8-63 43885"

All printing in red.

2. 13" x 18" (folded in center) - "CENTS/$60" in black in large
stenciled letters, 'PLEASE RETURN/TO/ROYAL CANADIAN BANK" in red
letters in between, "1963" in black hand written at bottom.

These bags formerly held 1963 cents, one U.S. and one Canadian. Offers
will be entertained.

My last duplicate of the scarce 1980 Red Book is going begging on eBay
at the moment:

Thanks for looking!

Bob Leonard

Old September 11th 05, 04:02 PM
Jonathan_ATC

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have had two canvas bank bags sitting around for over 40 years and am
ready to pass them on to the next collector:

1. 8" x 15" (folded in center) - "PLEASE DO NOT CUT/BAG WHEN OPENING
THIS BAG SHOULD BE RETURNED TO/FEDERAL RESERVE BANK/OF CHICAGO/CHICAGO,
ILL.
WRAPPED COIN/FORM 5-485 50M 8-8-63 43885"

All printing in red.

2. 13" x 18" (folded in center) - "CENTS/$60" in black in large
stenciled letters, 'PLEASE RETURN/TO/ROYAL CANADIAN BANK" in red
letters in between, "1963" in black hand written at bottom.

These bags formerly held 1963 cents, one U.S. and one Canadian. Offers
will be entertained.

My last duplicate of the scarce 1980 Red Book is going begging on eBay
at the moment:

Thanks for looking!

Bob Leonard

I, too, have some bank bags. I was under the impression that it was illegal
for me to have them as they were supposed to be returned to the banks as it
states on the bags. Kind of like milk crates. They are illegal to own if
they are the true milk crates that are marked to be returned to a certain
dairy. What is your take on this?

Jonathan_ATC

Old September 11th 05, 04:53 PM
George D

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Technically I think you are right about them belonging to the bank. Illegal I don't know?
The bank gave them to you, or someone else for a use and morally I guess they should be
returned, however unless there is a special reason nobody is going to prosecute for a
canvas bag or two.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

2004 Black Prius pkg 6

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old September 12th 05, 11:46 AM
Scottishmoney

"George D" wrote in message
Jonathan_ATC wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

I have several of them from various sources, North of Scotland Bank(it held
Halfcrowns) is one. Somehow I am not too fearful that North of Scotland is
coming after me. They haven't been around since 1950.

Old September 13th 05, 09:02 PM
note.boy

Scottishmoney wrote:

"George D" wrote in message
Jonathan_ATC wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

The Clydesdale Bank has been notified. :-) Billy