Hyderabad Souvenir query

Old June 5th 04, 03:06 AM
Rodney

Default Hyderabad Souvenir query

I have what I assume to be a fairly common
souvenir sheet with low value Hyderabad issues
cancelled CTO RAF Post Office.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=349

I am considering lifting the stamps
and placing them in Hagners.
Would I be better advised to keep the sheet intact?

Same goes for several Japanese souvenir sheets.

Thanks

(Remove gum to reply)

Old June 5th 04, 03:35 AM
Tony Vella

Hi Rodney.

With the exception of the Bidar College (12 annas) and the Daulatabad Tower
(1 Rupee), these stamps are not very difficult to obtain. Hang around Ebay
and you'll get all of them in a month. However, in all the years I have
collected India (since 1966), I have only seen one other copy of your
sheet - it was auctioned off by Calgary's Stamp Shoppe about 8, 9, 10 years
ago. It would be a pity to destroy it just for the sake of getting your
hands on these particular stamps.

Just my 2 cents worth.
--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

Old June 5th 04, 05:57 AM
Rodney

Well, that's good enough for me,
thanks Tony.
I'll place it in a mint sheet cover intact.

Old June 5th 04, 03:15 PM
Rodney

BTW if you collect India,
check your FDC's (SG907) Schubert 1978
for missing value denomination.
Don't know about you, but my FDC's take pride of place
in the dark recesses of the attic.

Old June 5th 04, 11:37 PM
Blair (TC)

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:06:40 +0800, "Rodney"
wrote:

I have what I assume to be a fairly common
souvenir sheet with low value Hyderabad issues
cancelled CTO RAF Post Office.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=349

I am considering lifting the stamps
and placing them in Hagners.
Would I be better advised to keep the sheet intact?

Same goes for several Japanese souvenir sheets.

Thanks

(Remove gum to reply)

Rodney:

I would keep the sheet intact. the cancels may be rarer than the
stamps and the "souvenir sheet" acts as a "provinance" for them.

Blair

Old June 6th 04, 12:19 AM
Rodney

Thanks Blair, I shall do.
Just a very polite salute,
"provinance" should read "provenance"
(just in case anyone looks for it in the dictionary)

| I would keep the sheet intact. the cancels may be rarer than the
| stamps and the "souvenir sheet" acts as a "provinance" for them.
|
| Blair

WTB: Hand-pulled proof souvenir cards at FUN ... Ken Barr Coins 3 January 12th 05 07:39 PM
Canadian Souvenir Coins rose Coins 0 November 1st 03 03:39 PM
Souvenir Coins on Ebay rose Coins 0 October 20th 03 04:05 PM
Souvenir Coins of Canada rose Coins 0 September 28th 03 05:02 AM
Souvenir Sheets - Redux Dakota General Discussion 3 September 27th 03 08:29 PM