Foreigner/Styx; great stuff

Old September 22nd 06, 02:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Foreigner/Styx; great stuff

Went to the Foreigner/Styx Concert last night. Both put on a great
show. I've never been disappointed with Styx concerts. As for
Foreigner, I've never been to one (though I had tickets once and never
went).

anyway, last night was easy to get graphs as they were selling them
and giving a lot out! They were selling a signed Drum head from
Zepplin's son...Jason Bonham for 25 bucks. I got two CD's signed by
each band (fully signed) for 30 bucks each. I knew I'd not have much
of a shot in person at this venue.

Later at the end of the concert, Styx was throwing out signed drum
heads, and signed beach balls, as well as the obligatory handfuls of
picks and the obligatory drumsticks as well as a towel or two (it was
pretty funny one of the band members wiped Shaw's face (I think it was
James Young) and then threw it out.

Before both bands, another group called Triple Shot played (mostly
some licks/riffs like form Hendrix and Zepplin) and they were good,
but they mostly did a montage of famous artist hard rock songs... and
I only seen them sing one song. Later, the guitar player sat behind
us. He was doing photos with people etc. Very accommodating (though
I didn't bother with it).

During one of Foreigner's songs, the lead singer came all the way up
to where we were sitting (about 2 rows in front
and 5 or 6 seats over from me) and stood on the chair. He was really
close but by the time I realize what the heck was going on and opened
my camera, he was turned around and jumping down. Going to look now
to see if I got him at all.

We were not close like normal. We were in the middle section in 100
area (102 I think it was); just behind orchestra. I guess my hubby
ordered tickets almost an hour after they opened and that's why.
there was a scalper there offering 1st row seats though... but unless
he took Visa... LOL

Anyway; great show. Wish I could 've played Tommy's guitar (he let
some of the crowd do it).

Photos and graphs on the site tomorrow.