Any of these worth going for?

Old September 19th 06, 10:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Any of these worth going for?

I have not heard of her... I'll check out some of her stuff while I am
there. Thanks.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:30:20 -0700, "Michel" wrote:

Doris Kearns Goodwin is one of the great living history writers. 50 years
from now, her autograph and Bob Woodward's will be very valuable.

"Sue H" wrote in message
.. .
May be attending National Bookfest and the below authors are signing.
Deciding if I want to spend any time on these (I am only planning for
ONE signature this year; not a good year!); any of these worth
getting? My second choice was Michael Connelly and third was either
Jim Cramer or Scott Turow. I don't know any of the others!

Children's Authors:

Bryan Collier
Tony DiTerlizzi
Betsy Lewin
John McCutcheon
Shelia P. Moses
Kadir Nelson
Mark Teague
Judith Viorst
Mo Willems
NBA/WNBA

Teens & Children Authors:

Andrew Clements
Judith Ortiz Cofer
Sharon Draper
Stephenie Meyer
Richard Peck
Sharon Robinson
Louis Sachar
Terry Trueman
Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
Letters About Literature (national winners)

Fiction & Fantasy Authors:

Marie Arana
Geraldine Brooks
Christopher Buckley
Julia Glass
Khaled Hosseini
Elmer Kelton & Lucia St. Clair Robson
Sharyn McCrumb
Alice McDermott
Spider Robinson & Jeanne Robinson

Mysteries & Thrillers Authors:

Harlan Coben
Michael Connelly
Vince Flynn
Brad Meltzer
George Pelecanos
Kathy Reichs
Lisa Scottoline
Daniel Silva
Alexander McCall Smith
Scott Turow

History & Biography Authors:

Kai Bird & Martin Sherwin
Taylor Branch
Douglas Brinkley
Andrew Carroll
Bruce Feiler
John Hope Franklin
Doris Kearns Goodwin
Kay Bailey Hutchison
Nathaniel Philbrick
Robert Remini
Bob Woodward

Home & Family Authors:

Willliam Alexander
Kevin Clash
Jim Cramer
G. Garvin
John Grogan
James Reston, Jr.
Marcus Samuelsson
Alexandra Stoddard
Deborah Tannen
Rosalind Wiseman

Poetry:

Cyrus Cassells
Judith Ortiz Cofer
Dick Davis
Dana Gioia
Donald Hall (Poet Laureate)
Daniel Hoffman
Mary Karr
Elise Paschen
Amy Uyematsu
David Yezzi
Poetry Out Loud (state winners)

Old September 20th 06, 11:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
casdon

Sorry the museum that is closed is the National Museum of American
History
And it is closed Sept. 5, 2006-Summer 2008 NOT the National Museum of
Natural History sorry for the mix-up, I get the two confused

There is a new museum it is the National Museum of the American Indian
I have not been there yet, from what I have been told it is not a
historical museum that most people are used to ,it is more of a
culture/ now kind of thing about the American Indians in the U.S.
here is some info :

NMAI on the National Mall
Fourth Street & Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20560
Phone: 202-633-1000

Hours:
10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily; closed Dec. 25. (Exhibition spaces, café,
and stores begin closing at 5:15 p.m.)

Sue H wrote:
Thanks. I am not into the dark beer... too thick for me. Not much of
a drinker anyway. I didn't know about the Natural History Museum.
Bummer. I know the White House and Capitol are too hard to get into
now, so those are out. Been to the major stuff like the Air and Space
Center and other Smithsonian museums. Saw most of the monuments (all
the big ones). Maybe I'll hit the National Archives. Not done that
yet.

On 19 Sep 2006 03:53:41 -0700, "casdon" wrote:

It is across the street from the old Post Office on the cornor (sp) ,
it is a resturant/bar that serves English -style pub food and ENGLISH
BEER on TAP!!!!!.I maybe there it depends on the wife if she wants to
wait until the signing at 4-5 for some of the mystery writers, if not
may have lunch and beat feet around 1:00.I think the Natural History
museum is close until 2008 they are upgrade it,so of the exhibits are
ar the air and space.

Sue H wrote:
What's Elephant and Castle? I know where Pennsylvania Avenue is (been
on it dozens of times).

Going then? I am taking everyone's ideas (thanks all) into account on
who to get. I think what I'll do is go early, look at the book tent,
see if anything is interesting and go for those or leaves, go to the
Natural History Museum and come back after we see that and eat lunch.
Then hit the monuments after and next morning do the zoo.

On 18 Sep 2006 11:08:31 -0700, "casdon" wrote:

Marie Arana- wrote about a family w/secrets in the Amazon

Sharyn McCrumb- for my wife but she not scheduled to sign until 4-5, do
I really want to wait that long, I may have to wait it out at Elephant
and Castle at 1201 Penn Ave
( A shameful plug I know)

and Sue H-you are right about this year slim picke'ns last year they
had Buzz Aldrin !!!!!and the goosebumps author and Clive Clusser!!!!!!!

I will pick up some stuff posters and such for my wife local library
(which is really small) in NE we sent them books all the time.

chip1057 wrote:
Get these two:
Kathy Reichs
Lisa Scottoline

Also, Bob Woodward. I have a great First Edition of his work signed,
and he was part of the Watergate Journalists' team.

Chip

Old September 20th 06, 03:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks; we've been to the National Museum of American History not long
ago and last time we went, we went to the Museum of the American
Indian. That one was set up beautifully and a couple of the exhibits
are astounding the way they displayed them (like the swords, guns and
arrowheads). What it appeared to me was that it seemed sparse. It has
a lot of exhibits, but seems like between them and in some halls, a
lot of wasted space. The building itself is unique with the occular
opening at top when you enter. The accoustics there makes it the
place to have speakers/drummers/musicians which they do continually.
Go, it's worth the trip. I guess I look lowly though...the gift shop
people were following us around like we were going to steal something!
Same thing happend to me Saturday when we were in one antique store;
this little old man (it was the most hilarious thing) was following me
since he saw me brushing my hair and going into my purse... every time
I'd look at him, he'd quickly pick something up and pretend he was
shopping! LOL