Why all good citizens should use fountain pens

Old July 19th 03, 08:39 PM
Paul

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with me or not. For some reason, I
can remember what pens some of my teachers used in those early years. Mrs.
Morehouse (5th grade) used a red Estie, Mr. Fusco (6th grade) had a parker
deskset, and that retched Mrs. Bryce (bain of my existence) had a black
Sheaffer (7th grade). I do remember my 4th grade teacher used a green
Estie, but I can't remember her name.

In the 5th grade (mind you this was 1959), we used school pens with ink
wells in our desks. Mrs. Morehouse would go to the supply closet and bring
out a quart of ink to fill the ink wells.

Yeesh...this sounds ancient !!!!!! I'm 57, but don't look or feel it. Just
like using the fountain pens.

=Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
. com...
This struck a funny note with me....

Over the past year or so, when someone at work does something wrong, I

pull
out my trusty saying (like my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Morehouse, who was
ancient back then - 1959), and I say: "this is going to go on your

PERMENANT
record". For some reason, I just love saying it, but now I realize they
probably don't have any ideas of what that phrase really means... (since
they are too young to understand).

With age comes wisdom (I think?).

=Paul
Esterbrook-lover

"Tetractys" wrote in message
newsFcSa.83299$OZ2.15164@rwcrnsc54...
Nancy Handy wrote:
john cline ii remembered well his fifth grade teacher saying:

"Serious people use dark blue or black ink on good
quality UNLINED paper.

I remember our class being assured that the infamous
"permanent records" were written in indelible "black
or blue-black" ink. For some reason, I associated these
colors with bruises.

Your fifth grade teacher is long deceased ....

Unless, of course, she underwent a series of transfusions
in Argentina, in which case ....

Old July 19th 03, 10:05 PM
PENMART01

In article , "Paul"
writes:

This struck a funny note with me....

Over the past year or so, when someone at work does something wrong, I pull
out my trusty (???) saying (like my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Morehouse, who was
ancient back then - 1959), and I say: "this is going to go on your PERMENANT
record". For some reason, I just love saying it, but now I realize they
probably don't have any ideas of what that phrase really means... (since
they are too young to understand).

With age comes wisdom (I think?).

Paul

With age comes dementia (the inability to think cogently).

You need to proof your writing before posting... and commas are NOT for
decorative purposes.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old July 20th 03, 04:22 PM
mz

PENMART01, The Grammar Cop, wrote...

With age comes dementia (the inability to think cogently).

You need to proof your writing before posting... and commas are NOT for
decorative purposes.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Ellipsis points, also, are not for decorative purposes. Now who needs a
little proofing? :0)

Mark Z.

Old July 21st 03, 07:10 AM
Strider

On 11 Jul 2003 14:28:31 GMT, Al Wesolowsky wrote:

Local Boston newsguy named John Keller (or Kellerer?) has an annual test.
He has a member of the public write to both Massschusetts senators (and
perhaps other elected officials...I forget) a sensible letter involving a
real, local issue. Then we wait for the response. Twice in a row Ted
Kennedy's staff responded, by mail, I think, requesting additional
information and promising to see what could be done. What might be
construed as a positive response.

Those same two years John Kerry's office ignored the letters. Keller
buttonholed Kerry and asked what happened, while a film crew taped the
encounter. Both times Kerry whined about "staff shortages" and "how this
sort of thing was occasionally bound to happen." After the interview
Keller checked back with the citizen and all of a sudden Kerry's staff
found the letter and had telephoned to apologize.

This may well be the truth, Kennedy being an long timer gets a bigger
budget and can hire more staff.

ObPens: Am greatly enjoying a Stipula wide stub. Only complaint is the
tiny capacity of the cartridges/converter. My dentist gave me a
(normally disposable) translucent "Monoject 412" plastic syringe, with
a curved plastic "needle" for refilling the carts, and it works like a
charm. And is not covered by the Massachusetts ban on people
possessing hypodermic needles.

I simply use a syringe that can with an inkjet refill kit. You can buy
such syringes at a scientific surplus store.