The House of Quad

Old October 9th 03, 02:27 AM
The Poodlebutt

Default The House of Quad

I have moved into a tiny house within blocks of downtown Austin, the
Capitol, etc. Old house, with two small rooms up front built in 1913,
and some added to the back probably 15-20 years later.

The two front rooms are pretty much connected. So, the four speakers
are pretty evenly distributed between the bedroom and living room.

It is pretty cozy, friends. The wall of quad is pretty sweet. Many
good seats in the house, like they say.
Old October 9th 03, 03:32 AM
Larry Blumenfeld

The Poodlebutt wrote:

I have moved into a tiny house within blocks of downtown Austin, the
Capitol, etc. Old house, with two small rooms up front built in 1913,
and some added to the back probably 15-20 years later.

The two front rooms are pretty much connected. So, the four speakers
are pretty evenly distributed between the bedroom and living room.

It is pretty cozy, friends. The wall of quad is pretty sweet. Many
good seats in the house, like they say.

You'll be installing a shrine to Townes van Zandt, I presume? Or at least
Stevie Ray?

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Old October 9th 03, 04:40 AM
scottamerica

"Larry Blumenfeld" wrote in message

The Poodlebutt wrote:

I have moved into a tiny house within blocks of downtown Austin, the
Capitol, etc. Old house, with two small rooms up front built in 1913,
and some added to the back probably 15-20 years later.

The two front rooms are pretty much connected. So, the four speakers
are pretty evenly distributed between the bedroom and living room.

It is pretty cozy, friends. The wall of quad is pretty sweet. Many
good seats in the house, like they say.

You'll be installing a shrine to Townes van Zandt, I presume? Or at least
Stevie Ray?

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Stevie Ray sucks!

Scott
King of 8tracking

Old October 9th 03, 07:22 AM
Davetta Lashley

I disagree, Scott. I think Stevie Ray Vaughn was a major ****ing talent.
He had more heart and soul in his playing than anybody else that was playing
guitar when he was around. In fact, he was the ONLY guitarist that I've
ever heard that actually could do justice to a Hendrix cover song, and he
did it in his own inimitable style.

The rock world lost a true legend the day he died, and he deserves nothing
less than admiration and respect for his many accomplishments in the short
time we had him here with us.

I'm probably wasting my time writing this, but I can't just sit here and let
you bad mouth Stevie, especially since he's not alive anymore, and can't
defend himself.

--
Davetta

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em - I don't give a f**k how
crazy they are!" - George Clooney as "Seth Gecko" in "From Dusk Til Dawn
(1996)"

Old October 9th 03, 01:23 PM
The Poodlebutt

You'll be installing a shrine to Townes van Zandt, I presume? Or at least
Stevie Ray?

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Townes, yes.

Stevie, god no. I derived many a yuk from his well-deserved demise.

That is the number one boast in South Austin: "I did lots of blow with
Stevie Ray back in the day." I've heard that out of many a white trash
mouth.
Old October 10th 03, 07:48 AM
The Poodlebutt

That is the number one boast in South Austin: "I did lots of blow with
Stevie Ray back in the day." I've heard that out of many a white trash
mouth.

Aw, c'mon, Paul. Those boasters could say the same thing about Townes, too, if
they knew who he was. Anyways, say whatcha will about Stevie, the cat could
play. Even David Bowie knew.

Anyways, seeing as how the porch came from the Armadillo, I think a picture of
Zappa somewhere would be appropo. (right next to the Jerry Jeff Walker 8x10".
Hey, maybe you could "liberate" some of those prints from Threadgill's!)
later, ron

I was in a place yesterday with a Raul's punk flyer that would no
doubt fetch three figures on Ebay. I certainly had some thoughts on
the matter.

It was a running joke with my roommate from '94-95, before I moved to
N.C. and became a reborn 8 track freak: he had an old beater Plymouth
Valiant, and I suggested repeatedly to him that we should get loaded,
aim the Valiant at the commemorative bronze Stevie Ray statue by the
side of the Colorado River, and bail out in time to see the mighty
topple action.
Old October 10th 03, 12:35 PM
DOGGIE104

I was in a place yesterday with a Raul's punk flyer that would no
doubt fetch three figures on Ebay. I certainly had some thoughts on
the matter.

I hit Austin about three years after Raul's was gone. The Showdown, its
replacement, constantly had Raul's-themed graffiti on its face.

I used to paper my dorm room with flyers from the drag. All gone now, of
course.

That's also where I resurrected (sp?) my 8-track collection: Half-price Books
sold carts 5/$1. That's the way it should be!

It was a running joke with my roommate from '94-95, before I moved to
N.C. and became a reborn 8 track freak: he had an old beater Plymouth
Valiant, and I suggested repeatedly to him that we should get loaded,
aim the Valiant at the commemorative bronze Stevie Ray statue by the
side of the Colorado River, and bail out in time to see the mighty
topple action.

That sounds like fun! Of course, in effect, only increasing his martyrdom.
later, ron

p.s. Instead of House of Quad, how about the Trippy Lil' Hippy Pad of Quad?

Old October 10th 03, 02:26 PM
trippin2-8track

Paul, you dick, go away.

Anyone who would bad-mouth SRV, jerks off too much.
Old October 10th 03, 06:39 PM
scottamerica

"Davetta Lashley" wrote in message
ink.net...
I disagree, Scott. I think Stevie Ray Vaughn was a major ****ing talent.
He had more heart and soul in his playing than anybody else that was

playing
guitar when he was around. In fact, he was the ONLY guitarist that I've
ever heard that actually could do justice to a Hendrix cover song, and he
did it in his own inimitable style.

The rock world lost a true legend the day he died, and he deserves nothing
less than admiration and respect for his many accomplishments in the short
time we had him here with us.

I'm probably wasting my time writing this, but I can't just sit here and

let
you bad mouth Stevie, especially since he's not alive anymore, and can't
defend himself.

--
Davetta

I'm not a sheeple, Davetta. Sure, I can appreciate your POV, but your POV is
wrong.

I hate to be the first one to tell you this, Davetta, but take it from a
non-sheeple's POV. Towards the end, this SRV became nothing more than a
nuisance to me and to the greatest guitarist ever, the Nuclear Warrior. He
did nothing but write and sing his ****ty songs with a lot of anger directed
towards me.

When he met his demise, which is something I lost no sleep over, I published
a very disparaging poem about him in a local newspaper. Lo and behold, his
****ing manager started calling me, well actually CRANKING me on my phone
for a period of time.

So take it from a non-Sheeple's POV, Davetta...the whole stinking ****ed up
system of music's is on his way out. Got it Davetta? I hope so.

Scott
King of Usenet