Albums for other than US stamps

Old June 12th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Chris[_11_]

Default Albums for other than US stamps

Well, I'm well on my way to getting my 50+ year old collection going
again thanks to all the advice I've received here. I've got all the old
hinges removed from the US stamps, most of them just fell off. I did
notice that the most recent stamp in the old album was from 1957. The
book was a worldwide book and I've got quite a few stamps from various
countries, quite a few from Great Britian and Germany. I still haven't
gone through the ones that have not been soaked off yet to see what is
there. I'm sure there are albums out there that will suit my needs with
all these stamps from other countries but does anyone have any
suggestions on what I should get?

Thanks
Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Old June 13th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 6/12/2011 2:58 PM, Chris wrote:
Well, I'm well on my way to getting my 50+ year old collection going
again thanks to all the advice I've received here. I've got all the old
hinges removed from the US stamps, most of them just fell off. I did
notice that the most recent stamp in the old album was from 1957. The
book was a worldwide book and I've got quite a few stamps from various
countries, quite a few from Great Britian and Germany. I still haven't
gone through the ones that have not been soaked off yet to see what is
there. I'm sure there are albums out there that will suit my needs with
all these stamps from other countries but does anyone have any
suggestions on what I should get?

Thanks
Chris

I'd suggest visiting a stamp dealer if there's one near you to see just
what's available.

If you're willing to print the pages yourself, go to
http://www.stampalbums.com/. There you can view some sample pages and
access album pages for many countries. There's a $30 charge for a
one-year subscription for downloading as many album pages as you like in
PDF format.

Another possibility is Scott's World Wide Album, available on CD. Again
you print out only the pages you want. This album only covers stamps up
to about 2000. You can also access this album online at no extra charge
if you are a subscriber to Linn's Stamp News.

Bill
Old June 14th 11, 01:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Chris[_11_]

On 06/12/2011 04:58 PM, Chris wrote:
Well, I'm well on my way to getting my 50+ year old collection going
again thanks to all the advice I've received here. I've got all the old
hinges removed from the US stamps, most of them just fell off. I did
notice that the most recent stamp in the old album was from 1957. The
book was a worldwide book and I've got quite a few stamps from various
countries, quite a few from Great Britian and Germany. I still haven't
gone through the ones that have not been soaked off yet to see what is
there. I'm sure there are albums out there that will suit my needs with
all these stamps from other countries but does anyone have any
suggestions on what I should get?

Thanks
Chris

Wow! Thanks to everyone who replied, I think what I'll do for now is
keep all but the US stamps in the old Harris Discoverer album. I have
mostly German, French and Great Britian stamps in it though there are
quite a few other countries that I have represented with a few stamps.
I've visited the Virtual Stamp Club and their site has been very helpful
with getting me stated again. I've got a whole glassine packet full of
German stamps that have not been soaked off yet from the 50's that was
in the box of my old things my mom gave me.

Thanks again for all the good information, you guys are great! I sure
appreciate the help.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Old June 27th 11, 11:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

My suggestion would be to get a stockbook or three while the collection is
developed, and then get a loose-leaf album
when you have sufficient to start mounting and writing up.

All my serious collections are loose leaf as the wide range of varieties I
have could not be placed in a printed album. You can
also avoid obvious gaps by leaving no space until you fill it, when you
simply rewrite the page!
--
Tony Clayton