Restarting my stamp collection

Old May 13th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Chris[_11_]

Default Restarting my stamp collection

For some reason I lost interest in collecting stamps about 47 years or
so ago. When I was home to see my mom last month she gave me my stamp
collection that she had been holding onto for all these years along with
a whole box of stamps that I had not put into the book. I'm ready to
start collecting again but have no idea what company(ies) are out there
to get supplies from such as books and so forth. Can someone suggest
where to start.

Thank you
Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Old May 13th 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 5/12/2011 4:03 PM, Chris wrote:
For some reason I lost interest in collecting stamps about 47 years or
so ago. When I was home to see my mom last month she gave me my stamp
collection that she had been holding onto for all these years along with
a whole box of stamps that I had not put into the book. I'm ready to
start collecting again but have no idea what company(ies) are out there
to get supplies from such as books and so forth. Can someone suggest
where to start.

Thank you
Chris

I'd suggest a visit to the Virtual Stamp Club at
forums.delphiforums.com/stamps

Beyond that, Google is your friend.

Bill
Old May 13th 11, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Chris[_11_]

On 05/13/2011 11:09 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Chris found these unused words:

For some reason I lost interest in collecting stamps about 47 years or
so ago. When I was home to see my mom last month she gave me my stamp
collection that she had been holding onto for all these years along with
a whole box of stamps that I had not put into the book. I'm ready to
start collecting again but have no idea what company(ies) are out there
to get supplies from such as books and so forth. Can someone suggest
where to start.

Thank you
Chris

A hint as to what country or part thereof you live in might be in order?

USA, Central Texas

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Old May 14th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Chris[_11_]

On 05/13/2011 11:32 AM, Billns wrote:
On 5/12/2011 4:03 PM, Chris wrote:
For some reason I lost interest in collecting stamps about 47 years or
so ago. When I was home to see my mom last month she gave me my stamp
collection that she had been holding onto for all these years along with
a whole box of stamps that I had not put into the book. I'm ready to
start collecting again but have no idea what company(ies) are out there
to get supplies from such as books and so forth. Can someone suggest
where to start.

Thank you
Chris

I'd suggest a visit to the Virtual Stamp Club at
forums.delphiforums.com/stamps

Beyond that, Google is your friend.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I'm there now. A lot of info there.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Old May 14th 11, 02:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
chrisj.doran%[email protected]

On May 13, 12:03*am, Chris wrote:
For some reason I lost interest in collecting stamps about 47 years or
so ago. When I was home to see my mom last month she gave me my stamp
collection that she had been holding onto for all these years along with
a whole box of stamps that I had not put into the book. I'm ready to
start collecting again but have no idea what company(ies) are out there
to get supplies from such as books and so forth. Can someone suggest
where to start.

Thank you
Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C
31.11°N 97.89°W (Elev. 1092 ft)

I don't know about the USA, but here in the UK there are lots of
"Collectors' Fairs" which cover stamps, postcards, ... and are
advertised in local newspapers. To fil in your 47 year gap, I suggest
you buy some cheap "kiloware" bags from such a fair, or if you don;t
have any locally, from eBay, etc. You may find catlogues there or in
library sales of withdrawn books -- you won't need the latest issues
for a while yet!

Chris
Old May 14th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Chris[_11_]

On 05/12/2011 06:03 PM, Chris wrote:
For some reason I lost interest in collecting stamps about 47 years or
so ago. When I was home to see my mom last month she gave me my stamp
collection that she had been holding onto for all these years along with
a whole box of stamps that I had not put into the book. I'm ready to
start collecting again but have no idea what company(ies) are out there
to get supplies from such as books and so forth. Can someone suggest
where to start.

Thank you
Chris

Thanks so very much to all of those who have replied with suggestions
and links. I've visited the Virtual Stamp Club and have found a wealth
of help there also. I'm eager to get started again and hopefully will
have the collection back in order again. My mom also gave me some of my
dads extra first day covers that he had so that gives me another
collection to get started on.

Again, thanks for all the assistance.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

a stamp for your collection Blair (TC) General Discussion 0 January 1st 11 05:48 PM
stamp collection nanne Marketplace 0 January 10th 06 01:14 PM
Old stamp collection F&COMAN General Discussion 1 August 8th 05 06:44 AM
FS Stamp Collection - Not a troll ILBCNURICO General Discussion 5 August 4th 03 04:38 PM
FS:Stamp collection snow Worldwide Stamps 0 June 24th 03 10:41 PM