autograph collector magazine

Old October 26th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

Default autograph collector magazine

anyone buying this?
let me know if it's easy to find?

we are gearing up (just turned in to the printer) the newest magazine
that's going to have 10 best/worst sports signers in it. lots of good
stuff.
we had a HUGE following after the 10 best/worst celebrities this year.
with tons of press following it. you guys should definately check out
the new magazine.
let me know what you think,
mike

Old October 26th 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

They used to sell them at Borders Bookstores, but I haven't seen
it regularly now.

Chip

Old October 26th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

chip, where do you live?
do you buy the magazine if you can find it? do you subscribe? ever
considered subscribing?

i'm just trying to get some notes for my editor because we are trying
to expand the market.
mike

Old October 26th 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I used to subscribe to it, but it has gotten expensive.
I just get the information from online when I collect. I do go to
http://www.autographcollector.com

Chip

Old October 26th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

that's cool. i don't think you can access the entire best/worst from
the online website...
thanks for the info...anyone else?
mike

Old October 26th 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

For BF-

I've been able to locate ACM at Borders here in Virginia Beach. I buy it
though, about once every 3 months, just to see if anything major has jumped
in price.

For instance-like the Steve Irwin Insert signed card. Prior to his death, it
was fairly inexpensive, but now-expect to pay $300+.

Happy Hunting-
pe2

Old October 27th 06, 07:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

surprising that his autograph is so inexpensive..he wasn't very
nice...the must not have been much of a demand for his signature after
the initial hard core run...but he was extremely difficult...and just
about anyone who ever went for him should know that...even the guys in
austrialia...all the REAL australian in person collectors have told me
how horrible he was.
mike

Old October 27th 06, 01:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mike

The magazine is available at Books-a-million stores but thats the only
place I've ever found it. I subscribe . They had a big article about 1
1/2- 2 years ago saying they had a deal to sell it in Walmart, but I
have yet to see it there.

Mike in Hampton Va.

Old October 27th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I didn't see it this time. But the link is:

http://autographcollector.com/moreinthisissue.html

Chip

Old October 27th 06, 08:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i know the magazine is a little expensive. if we had more subscribers
and/or more people buying it on the newstands, the price would
obviously go down. and it's the ONLY autograph magazine out there (you
can argue pen and quill, but that thing's a joke newspaper and you can
only get it if you're a member uacc)..
but the articles are definately starting to gear towards more younger
stuff, and more easily attainable. We got roger epperson throwing in a
great rock n roll piece every issue as well (he's genereally known as
THE EXPERT on all things rock n roll). we've got the great 10
best/worst signers in sports coming in the next issue (it's at press as
we speak) and it'sa great time right now to get a hold of the magazine
for the articles.

have fun. i'd really like to know if people are finding it easily.
mike