How Much Is That Star Worth?

Old July 23rd 05, 03:11 PM
Phil DeMayo

Default How Much Is That Star Worth?

Yesterday I picked up an NGC 64 1923 Peace Dollar for $26.95 plus
shipping. Here is what one eBay seller wants for the same date in the
same grade with an NGC "star" designation:

He certainly didn't do a very good job of capturing that "Most
beautifully toned Peace Dollar I have ever seen in 50+ years of my
numismatic career" in the auction image.

Old July 23rd 05, 07:08 PM
LM5403

Take a look at his me page and see how long he's had some of his overpriced
coins for sale. Looking at his feedback he doesn't sell very much, and no
surprise at his highly inflated prices.

$2500 for an extremely common date 64 peace dollar. I don't care HOW good
the toning is. Please.

oups.com...

Old July 23rd 05, 09:18 PM
Bernhard Rich

I sometimes wonder if there are dealers that make ridiculus claims like
this with inflated prices to see who they can catch then later, under a
different identity, sell off the stuff they can't dump on a sucker for
what would be the real going price.
Oh, I am not accusing this seller of doing this. Bernie.

Old July 26th 05, 04:26 PM
George D

LM5403 wrote:
Take a look at his me page and see how long he's had some of his overpriced
coins for sale. Looking at his feedback he doesn't sell very much, and no
surprise at his highly inflated prices.

$2500 for an extremely common date 64 peace dollar. I don't care HOW good
the toning is. Please.

He does not have to sell very many of these coins at that markup to make a very healthy
living.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old July 27th 05, 12:17 AM
LM5403

"George D" wrote in message
LM5403 wrote:
Take a look at his me page and see how long he's had some of his
overpriced coins for sale. Looking at his feedback he doesn't sell very
much, and no surprise at his highly inflated prices.

$2500 for an extremely common date 64 peace dollar. I don't care HOW good
the toning is. Please.

He does not have to sell very many of these coins at that markup to make a
very healthy living.

True. I'd also caveat that with "to newbies".