New Issue Stamp Posters

Old July 24th 03, 12:41 AM
ron walenciak

Default New Issue Stamp Posters

I was wondering how many countries print some sort of announcement "poster"
for each new issue? And, do many of them also include the stamp, first day
cancelled, as the US now does on Cancellation Pages? (used to be called
Souvenir Pages.)

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Walenciak
President, American Society for Philatelic Pages & Panels

Old July 25th 03, 03:16 AM
ron walenciak

Thanks, mate. .... ah, couldn't resist that.

I remember that magazine; I think I received it for a while (guess if you
stop ordering, they stop sending it g). But I was thinking more along the
line of our 8x10.5 inch posters that used to get tacked up to the post
office bulletin boards (and of course, collectors soon figured out that they
could get them and have them first day cancelled!)

Regards,
Ron

"Rodney" wrote in message
G'day Ron,
Australia Post Issue Large Posters for their outlets
which are unavailable to the public.
They issue (free to locals) a magazine called
"Australian Stamp Explorer" which lists all new issues

here is Page 7 from volume 73 as an example
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...oto&PhotoID=55

HTH

Old July 25th 03, 09:15 AM
Rodney

Yes, I thought you may be along that tack, Ron.
The posters I saw yesterday were about 3' x 2' featuring
the blooms issue, and I'm presuming them to be a set format
to fit the in-situ frames in the outlets.

Australia Post have become an 'in the face' marketing giant,
but must say they do offer an excellent service albeit, "labels"
are the preferred option now as the postmasters try to hold
a low value stock on hand.

Yesterday I received my first sterile envelope. No stamp, no visible
or warmly recognisable cancel, just a line of orange neon strokes
across the top of the cover. It looked rather lonely and sad.

......oh yes, it was a mail circular, did I want to sell my house?

Rgds

"ron walenciak" wrote in message ...
| Thanks, mate. .... ah, couldn't resist that.
|
| I remember that magazine; I think I received it for a while (guess if you
| stop ordering, they stop sending it g). But I was thinking more along the
| line of our 8x10.5 inch posters that used to get tacked up to the post
| office bulletin boards (and of course, collectors soon figured out that they
| could get them and have them first day cancelled!)
|
| Regards,
| Ron
|
| "Rodney" wrote in message
| G'day Ron,
| Australia Post Issue Large Posters for their outlets
| which are unavailable to the public.
| They issue (free to locals) a magazine called
| "Australian Stamp Explorer" which lists all new issues
|
| here is Page 7 from volume 73 as an example
| http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...oto&PhotoID=55
|
| HTH
|

| "ron walenciak" wrote in message
| | I was wondering how many countries print some sort of announcement
| "poster"
| | for each new issue? And, do many of them also include the stamp, first
| day
| | cancelled, as the US now does on Cancellation Pages? (used to be called
| | Souvenir Pages.)
| |
| | Thanks,
| | Ron