(RCSD) was Danish Poster Stamps.

Old August 3rd 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default (RCSD) was Danish Poster Stamps.

The old fella that ran the auctions where I picked up
all the odd bits and pieces has retired.
Much to my disappointment.

Joy o Joy
he has come out of retirement Yay!
This auction catalogue arrived in the mail today.

Check the prices!, every schoolboys dream
if you love stamps other for than investment
this has to be the mother lode
http://cjoint.com/data/idqV7emvqX.htm

Boxes, tins, albums, briefcases, cartons full of stamps
mostly around 5 lousy dollars. ($5)
(In Australia that's a meat pie and a third of a can of coke)

Ah! philatelic heaven

Old August 4th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 10:55 am, "Rod" wrote:
The old fella that ran the auctions where I picked up
all the odd bits and pieces has retired.
Much to my disappointment.

Hi Rod,
So ok, are you gonna keep this guy your personal secret or are you ok
to share? If so please send me his URL
Thanks,
Allan in Toronto, Canada.
P.S. If there are some specific stamps you need and don't expect to
find in packets, please let me know.

Old August 5th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Rod,
So ok, are you gonna keep this guy your personal secret or are you ok
to share? If so please send me his URL
Thanks,
Allan in Toronto, Canada.
P.S. If there are some specific stamps you need and don't expect to
find in packets, please let me know.

G'day Allan,
URL? Gosh, as you can see, he doesn't even have a computer.
Joe is a precious real piece of living history for our community,
He works behind a Washing Machine sales room,
He gets the bids wrong sometimes because his hearing is failing
he loses lots, and all sorts of hilarious antics.
I for one, am going to miss him when he retires,
because there will be nobody to replace him.

I notice now even the second hand shops, we used to love to
root around in when I was a kid, have become clinical
brightly lit showrooms, heck, I rang up a Christian outreach
shop a few years ago, when I was about to live in Bkk,
I wanted to donate beds TV's etc etc.
They arrived, sniffed over the goods, took the obvious
money spinners and left the rest on the porch.
They will not accept TV's Microwaves etc, because of
liability insurance etc.

I'll email you my US "want list"

Cheers.