guests at CIV so many and a couple are odd and non SW related....

Old June 1st 07, 12:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default guests at CIV so many and a couple are odd and non SW related....

PS Barefoot, stop with the Eric Bana and name calling. He never said
he was "friends" or "knows him well". He just said he's seen him
around the small town/city and knows where his offices/home is.
That's all.

On Thu, 31 May 2007 23:54:33 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

alright...i'll say this..since i got kinda called out saying that i
was lord vader or whatever...

i actually contacted sue about people...i asked harrison ford if he
was going on weds. before the event (yes,m i got him again, anyone
need the address of the restaurant, or the photos of him signing or my
photo op with him that i FINALLY got, or how about that i got him on a
16x20 of he and greedo and when i got greedo the next day, paul blake
told me that he's NEVER signed that photo before)..he said he'd heard
about the event, but wasn't interested...

next, i was told that lucas WAS there on thursday, but since i wasn't
there thursday, i don't know for sure. and i heard many of the same
rumors. but it makes sense that these rumors were heard or
whatever...i believe that sue knows what she is talking about and
knows many of the people involved, i'm sure she didn't make any of it
up..it's just more names that were on the boards and the like, she was
just reporting what she heard...i know she was 0 for 5, but what can
you do-she popped up the WHOLE list of who was there and the prices,
and to be honest, made some things easier for folks like me (i was so
happy to get greedo, by the way)

on a bad side, there's no way that stuff was interesting...the belly
dancing and the junk that went on, it just wasn't for me...i guess
when i post that something was disappointing, i should say why... but
can't i just say," i wasn't impressed" without getting some crybaby
crap from mr. black...sorry buddy, i spent $900 at that show, so i
guess i have the right to bitch and moan if i so choose (like i said,
i have a real job and can afford these things)...plus, all the people
who were in the newer (far less in calue to me) were charging more
money than the folks who were in the original series, and some folks
don't do shows at all. i liked getting julian glover, he's been in
some other things and was another person impressed that i already had
harrison ford on my indiana jones and the last crusade poster. what
are you gonna do...

in conclusion, i'm sure that sue didn't make up any names. i don't
give a crap is mr. black has some opinion of me...i'm sure he'll have
any one of his fake names make up some more crap about me and complain
sometime soon. last word to mr. black, i thought you were putting me
on ignore, which i think you should do..because you are just ignorant
anyway...
and i bought my tickets to australia for next month...and i'll be
collecting quite a bit, already contacted folks like hugo weaving
about signing some stuff and meeting up with him. maybe i'll see you
around, since you're such good friends with eric bana.
mike

Old June 1st 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

actually, like i said, lucas was there according to several people..so
now lord vader is assuming that 3 of the 5 were supposed to be
there...so you are saying that she made up ford and jackson...
ford, that's a rumor at EVERY star wars convention, until they come
and go and he doesn't show...and jackson, he's a whore who signs for
money (albeit, privately) so, what's to think that he could've been
there...

i think that LV is just upset. seriously.
mr. black should gofight his battles somewhere else. must be bored
again.
mike

Old June 1st 07, 07:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and no, the show was NOTHING on par with comic con...NOTHING..you
can't even compare the 2...over 200,000 people showed up at comic con
last year, they guesstimated that 40,000 people would show up at the
star wars convention...that's 1/5 for people who are counting..and
from what i understand, 40,000 people wasn't even reached by
monday...for a 5 day event...comic con is even a whole day less, and
they topped out over 200,000....
mostly because the star wars convention only deals with star
wars...comic con goes a whole lot further...
there's a panel every 10 minutes at comic con, for lots of different
things. there are free signings...these things are not a part of the
star wars convention...star wars is just some huge money grab (and
they got a lot of mine, that's for sure)...
i'm pretty sure there aren't too many star wars fans on this group who
collect the stuff more than i do. so that was your baloney today mr.
black...
wow, it's amazing what kind of loser you can actually be.
enjoy your day.
mike

Old June 1st 07, 09:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

LV and I had a problem about 5 years ago with a poster.... long story.
Anyway, he has problems letting things go. That's what that was
about.

Old June 1st 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Still, (don't think your figures are actually accurate; that's not
tickets sold I believe but counting repeat visitors over days... they
did that last Celebration; reports as high as 90,000 but that was
repeats like same person going three days in a row etc). Anyway, NO
OTHER convention other than Comic con gets this many visitors and ends
up on the news. It's rare to see it. So it's a huge event. And
though SW only, still it's a nice thing compare to 95% of the others
out there.

Oh for more rumors, I heard Mark Hamill's wife was there with either a
grandkid or other kid . . . I don't know why but she was there getting
graphs I hear. Maybe for a charity or something. I know some other
celebs did that.

Old June 1st 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Ultimately, it's all speculation anyway. Unless either of you have access
to the con's private data, it's redundant to keep speculating. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old June 1st 07, 10:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i honestly can't remember where i had read it...
being in l.a., the news was reporting that they expected 40,000...we
actually thought that the fire marshall would shut it down, so we went
early on friday (i hadn't bought my tickets or anything in advance)
but then there were reports on sunday and monday that the convention
didn't live up to what was expected and that it was far below what the
convention had done in indianapolis in previous years. it was on tv,
the radio, i think adam corolla even made fun of it. something along
the lines of "george lucas' dorks finally grew up!"
i can't make the statement for certain, but i had been told that they
were about 10,000 people LESS than what was expected. so, if everyone
had expected 40,000, then only 30,000 tickets were sold.
i walked the whole thing for a few days...no panels were filled, it
wasn't hard to walk around, i never had a problem making a purchase.
the only autograph lines that were full were carrie fisher, anthony
daniels, david prowse, peter mayhew and kenny baker's, other than
that, i never really saw more than 3-4 people in any given line. and
the guests weren't as good as they have been in the other shows.
i'm pretty sure it didn't do so well...it was quite evident.
meanwhile, you could barely move at comic con last year...i only went
for 2 days, but i know that the fire marshalls shut now new entrances
on both friday and saturday several times. and it took up all 7 halls
in san diego (whereas star wars only took up 3 in los angeles and
their halls are much smaller)..so to compare the two is like comparing
apples and oranges really...
as for the mark hammill rumors, i can't comment, i don't know the
answers there..i wouldn't be surprised if his wife were wandering
around though, as i know mark collects autographs himself and once
commented that george doesn't sign his posters and better than he
signed mine. it wouldn't surprise me if his wife were getting the
autographs for him, as there's no way he could walk around that place
himself.
mike

Old June 1st 07, 10:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and i think you can speculate on how many people were there as if you
had walked around, you'd notice that it was far easier than in years
past. you could look around and notice a complete drop off in
attendees.

Old June 1st 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and lastly, for sue..all those signings that ford did, they were all
done at the same time...derek's signing was in conjunction with the
others (same dates and times)..from what i understand, there's been 2
total signings, and that's it. like i said, ford isn't interested in
it...but since it was all done for his charity, it makes a lot of
sense (and no, i didn't ask him personally, it's just easy to tell
since all the signings were on the same dates with all companies).

Old June 2nd 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

i'm pretty sure there aren't too many star wars fans on this group who
collect the stuff more than i do.

firstlty............hahahahahahahLAMAO

so that was your baloney today mr.
black...
wow, it's amazing what kind of loser you can actually be.
enjoy your day.
mike

Secondly, can someone tell me what this loser is rambling on about?

12 More guests at CIV Sue H Autographs 0 March 30th 07 03:15 AM
9 guests already Sue H Autographs 8 July 10th 06 03:31 PM
SEVERAL new guests and prices finally Sue H Autographs 4 March 8th 05 06:52 PM
1st Guests announed for Collectamania 7 fon Autographs 10 October 1st 04 10:22 PM
Guests at San Diego Comic Con(~^^~) ImRightAlwaysUNo Autographs 3 July 4th 03 10:27 PM