Sometimes the luck finds me...

Old May 6th 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

Default Sometimes the luck finds me...

Here's an auction I won last week on eBay:

$10 face value in U.S. Silver coins. I put in a low-ball bid and won it
for ~$15 below melt.

What I *expected* was a pile of low-grade coins to toss in my "junk"
silver rolls. What I got was the following:

1923-D Peace Dollar (filling a hole)
1923-S Peace Dollar
1963 Franklin (High-AU, with some luster)
(2) 1964 Kennedies (Low-grade Uncirc, perhaps)
20 Mercury Dimes back to 1934
10 Roosevelt Dimes (three of which filled holes)
(2) 1934 Washington Quarters
(2) 1935 Washington Quarters
(1) 1936 Washington Quarter
(1) 1937 Washington Quarter
(1) 1941 Washington Quarter

And... The best of the hole fillers:

(1) 1934-D Washington Quarter

Sure, it's been around the block a few times, but when you're expecting
1964 and you get 1934, it's always a little extra fun!

Just had to share... :-)

--
Jim Seymour
Old May 6th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Jim Seymour" happily reported to the group:
Here's an auction I won last week on eBay:
Just had to share... :-)

You did well, Jim! Those are the kind that make a man happy that he placed
a bid. I'm pleased to hear that you really made out on this one...

Amistad
'luck can be a fickle thing'

Old May 6th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

I was going through $200 worth of silver dimes last night looking for
certain dates for a customer, and found 5-6 uncirculated 1940's era Mercs(no
split bands though), and a 1944 with a brockage reverse. Kind of amazing to
find that kind of stuff in "junk" silver.

Old May 8th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jonathan_ATC[_2_]

"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
[...]

Jim,
That's fantastic! Fill some holes, feel a little joy doing so, priceless.
I looked to see if this seller had any more lots like that, but I could not
find any. I'll watch and see though. I am always afraid of ordering lots
as I never know what I'll get. You took the chance and got something good.
More power to you!

Jonathan_ATC

ANY LUCK WITH Oak Datathree Autographs 0 April 18th 04 04:09 AM
ANY LUCK WITH Oak Datathree Autographs 0 April 18th 04 04:08 AM
ANY LUCK WITH? Oak Datathree Autographs 0 April 18th 04 04:06 AM
Please has anyone had any luck Exers30x Autographs 0 March 4th 04 03:19 PM
any luck with? DAVE Autographs 0 September 1st 03 07:43 AM