New York City Pen Show Update (longish)

Old September 17th 03, 05:11 AM
Maryann Zucker

Default New York City Pen Show Update (longish)

Hi Everyone:
Here are some last minute updates for you for this weekend's New York City
Pen Show.

1. Krone Pens, the sponsor of the New York City Pen Show will have their
complete line of both daily writers and limited edition pens on display.
They will have the newest editions, the Marilyn Monroe, a limited edition
dedicated to style and beauty. Take a sneak preview at
http://www.penstoponline.com/html/news.html the new series is the snakeskin
collection Cobra, Python, Rattlesnake and Coral.

2. Marlen Pens has a series of new and exciting pens that will be on display
at the Krone exhibit.

3. Aurora will have some very interesting new pens, including their latest
Maki-E limited edition.

4. Conklin Pens will be introducing their latest Ohio Series pens, on view
for the first time in New York.

5. Visit the Yafa exhibit, where you will find the latest from Delta,
Monteverde and Yafa.

6. Ancora is introducing their latest hand painted series, a stunning pen
that must be seen in person, so don't forget to stop by the Sailor group and
see their new pens. Conway Stewart has some new and exciting pens for sale,
as well as their incredible line of leather pen cases.

7. Signum Pens will be showing a new line of pens for the first time, the
Fenice collection and the Palladio d'Oro will be on display for the first
time ever outside of Italy. This pen is stunning. It was commissioned by the
city of Vicenza Italy. As a result of the incredible demand for this pen
Signum is introducing a smaller version for sale. Stop by their display, you
will not be disappointed. They will also have a testing table where you can
sit down and test their various models. Each will be filled with ink and
ready to go.

8. Jim Hickman of Newman Pens will be introducing some new and exciting
models, not yet offered to the public.

9. David Oscarson of Oscar III will have his newest limited edition, the
Crystal series, a stunning set of four incredible colors; all with English
lead crystal barrels. These pens are so unique and exquisite you must see
them for yourself.

10. Jonathan Steinberg will be at the show signing his latest book Fountain
Pens Their History and Art, published by Rizzoli. This book has been sold
out and the only available copies are those that will be for sale at the
show. Don't miss this opportunity to stop by, visit with Jonathan and buy
his newest book, you will not be sorry.

11. Andreas Lambrou of Classic Pens will be launching his CP-7 series in New
York. This is one of the most stunning series to date.

12. Paul Erano, author of Fountain Pens Past and Present will be available
to sign copies of his book and talk about his up-coming book, which is due
out shortly.

13. Stylus Magazine will be holding a questions and answers forum on
Saturday at 11:30 am and everyone is welcome to join in and present their
views.

14. Dean Tweeddale and Dyas Anna Lawson, the publisher and editor of the
latest entrance into the pen hobby, Stylophiles Magazine, also will be
conducting a question and answer session. Make you voices heard.

15. Check the updates page of the website for last minute information and
news at http://www.nycpenshow.com/html/updates.html

Maryann
PenstopOnline
http://www.penstoponline.com
http://www.nycpenshow.com

Old September 17th 03, 06:28 AM
Nancy Handy

Wow Maryann, you really have outdone yourself! I can't wait to see your
show. It sounds like it will be even bigger and better than last year -
if that is possible. I wouldn't miss it!

Nancy Handy

Old September 18th 03, 01:35 AM
Dik F. Liu

Okay, roll call. Who is going to be there and when? I will be there on Saturday
afternoon, wearing a vest, oval glasses, and a tie. I am Asian, 5'-9", slender
built, with a smile that can light up a room. You can't miss me.

And no, this is not a personal ad.

Dik
Old September 18th 03, 06:10 PM
C Lewis

Hi there!

I'm a very new person to the world of the fountain pen, but coming from the
UK and making a new life in the USA, I am keen to learn as much as possible
about these wonderful things!

Imagine my keeness therefore to attend the NYC Pen show!!.....I live in
Florida and thought it would be easy to travel there!! But then Isabelle
struck and I cannot now get flights to NY. I'm distraught!!!

I wonder if any kind person who is going to be at the show would be willing
to gather any freebies/literature for me and post it on to me? I will of
course pay for the postage which we can agree on before sending.

If anyone could help me, I'd be so very grateful....you'd make a novice
fountain pen lady very very happy!! :-))))

Many thanks.

Chris.

Old September 18th 03, 08:49 PM
Nancy Handy

I'll be there, but I'm not sure which day yet because, naturally, all
sorts of things are suddenly happening this weekend.
At least what little we get of the hurricane should be gone by then.

For travelers who want to know more about NY:
http://travel.howstuffworks.com/new-york.htm

Nancy

Old September 20th 03, 10:25 PM
Howard Marder

What a disappointing show! It was much smaller than last year and seem to
be dedicated to people selling used pens. Very few new pens on display, but
lots of OPJ (other people's junk). The lighting was terrible. You could
hardly see what was being offered unless the exhibitor had their own lights.
You'll have to do better than this. A waste of time and money.

Old September 20th 03, 11:27 PM

Rats! Now I wish I had gone; I didn't want to spend a lot of money to get
there just to look at all the new crap. If I wanted new crap, I'd just go
to a pen store to see it, or buy from Swisher.

Oh, well; maybe next year. I just hope SF show is mostly vintage, 'cause
I'm pretty sure I'll be in SF on business that week.

Old September 21st 03, 12:08 AM
Nancy Handy

Howard Marder wrote:
What a disappointing show! It was much smaller than last year and seem to
be dedicated to people selling used pens. Very few new pens on display, but
lots of OPJ (other people's junk). The lighting was terrible. You could
hardly see what was being offered unless the exhibitor had their own lights.
You'll have to do better than this. A waste of time and money.

Hi Howard, long time no see! Didn't I read in the newspaper that a
bunch of your subordinates won the Lotto?

On the contrary to what you wrote, I just got back from the pen show
minutes ago and I was thrilled to see less new pen dealers and more
vintage pens. I like the dealers who put out ink for you to dip so I
can feel if the nib is scratchy, flexxy or whatnot.
As far as new pens go, I was thrilled to see Marilyn Brown from Art
Brown there. I always look forward to seeing her. I finally bought PR
DC Pen Show Blue from her. I haven't tried it yet.

My money was well spent. I got the pen show hat and the ink, BUT my
trip was made when I got an old pen of mine, that wasn't writing as well
as it should since I first bought it, fixed by Richard Binder. I now
have a pen that I absolutely adore.

Personally I was glad there wasn't an auction because it gave me extra
time to shop.

Agreed the lighting leaves much to be desired, but that's why you have
to bring your own lighted magnifier to the show.

I met lots of nice people - old friends and new friends.
I was surprised that Frank Dubiel wasn't there because I was looking
forward to seeing him again.
If Dik didn't buy that pen in his hands, I was going to grab it.

I'm glad I went. Too bad I missed you!

Nancy

Old September 21st 03, 12:13 AM
BLandolf

Howard Marder wrote:
What a disappointing show! It was much smaller than last year and
seem to be dedicated to people selling used pens. Very few new pens
on display, but lots of OPJ (other people's junk)....

You mean like this:

http://www.toad.net/~blandolf/person...ose-ripple.jpg

And this:

http://www.toad.net/~blandolf/person...terman-set.jpg