Going to the National - got questions

Old July 11th 04, 07:05 PM
Scott Henrichs

Default Going to the National - got questions

So I assume there's at least a few lurkers out there that have been to
the National before. I'm headed to my first ever, driving out to
Cleveland next week. Anyone actually pay the exorbant amount of money
they charge for autographs there? I'm going just for the show. How's
the prices on singles, packs, and boxes? Cheaper than around local
shows/shops? Also, should I bring a lot of cash or does almost every
take credit card there? Is 8 hours (one day) enough to see the whole
show? Do dealers bring their commons or just lots of high priced
singles and boxes?

Old July 12th 04, 01:35 AM
pkstore2

You should find all kinds of stuff there. It is always a great show and
after going to 1 you won't be able to wait til next years. Cash is king!
There are ATMS but if you have a limit just bring $. People do credit cards
gladly but you never know who you may meet in the hallway or parking lot or
back at a hotel. My understanding is also the the public can get in on
Wednesday this year so that may be the day to go for best selection. Sunday
will be blowout day as normal if anyone is there : ) You can do the show in
a day but if you have never been to something like this you may need 2 days
especially if you are getting some things graded during the show. If you
have any other ?'s please post! Only 2 weeks 2 go!

Old July 14th 04, 11:00 PM
Scott Henrichs

Uh no, this would be sports cards. I believe there are pokemon
newsgroups for discussing pokemon cards.

mewthree wrote:
i assume this is pokemon cards you are talking about? please tell me about
this national.
.. .

Old July 15th 04, 08:46 PM
pkstore2

and there will be Pokemon cards there also. I remember buying Japanese boxes
& first edition US boxes in Atlanta years ago for a friends store back home.
The stuff still sells. Where as i am into late 1800s stuff many people want
new stuff. Have fun! 1 week 2go!

mewthree wrote:
i assume this is pokemon cards you are talking about? please tell me

about
this national.
.. .