Anybody dealt in the past with International Numismatics (bigdeal88) from Australia ?

Old October 27th 03, 11:29 PM
gogu

Default Anybody dealt in the past with International Numismatics (bigdeal88) from Australia ?

Hi all!
I have a problem with them and I don't know what to do!
I bought a few Kookaburras from IN past February and asked them sent
registered mail...
Packet lost, I announced them to file a claim with the local post office and
they did it.
After a few months the claim was finalized and their customer service sent
me an e-mail saying that they have my money.
I said to hold them and tell me if they had some coins I needed.
No reply to my first e-mail...
Second e-mail 6 days later. No reply again...
Third e-mail 8 days later asking to tell me if they had the coins I've asked
or to refund my money to my Paypal account. Yes, you've guessed right, no
reply again!

I tried to file a complain with Paypal, but after I finished sending details
and proofs about the transaction, a window pops and says "sorry but the
transaction is older than 30 days so we can't do anything! But we will put
your complain into the sellers file for our records"!!!
I understand that my complain comes after 30 days but I could not make
nothing as it was a case of a lost parcel!
Shouldn't Paypal at least send them a e-mail and ask about their
behavior/intentions? I mean, I pay through Paypal about a$2000.00 every
month ( average since my first buy in summer 2002) so they earn good money
from my transactions; shouldn't they try at least one time and mail the
seller? I am more than sure that an e-mail from Paypal would make him to
refund my money pronto...
So, after Paypal showed such a "professional" attitude, what more can I do?

What if I write to Paypal explaining them the situation and asking to e-mail
the seller even if my transaction is older than 30 days? Would Paypal do
this?

I.N has an item that would interest me and it has a BuyItNow price which is
higher than the coin deserves but right now I just want to have my money
back. What if I buy it and send them *only* the difference plus shipping?..
Can they refuse to send it or give me a negative?... What do you think, will
they accept to send it with my terms?...

Any other ideas?

Your help/ideas would be much appreciated as always:-)

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!

Old October 28th 03, 12:15 AM
Zamboni

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

I've ordered a few items from them in the past. They seem a bit slow on
getting orders out the door, but I've always received my stuff eventually. I
would probably call them on the phone -- they do speak English down there
(sort of). They're effectively 5 hours behind the US West Coast, so it's
fairly easy to catch people in the office.
--
Zamboni

Old October 28th 03, 12:30 AM
gogu

Ο "Zamboni" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, you have a point here...
But nevertheless their failure to reply to 3 e-mails in 24 days is
inexcusable!

Thanks anyway, I'll try it tomorrow:-)

Old October 28th 03, 03:22 AM
The Fausts

"gogu" wrote in message
Hi all!
I have a problem with them and I don't know what to do!

big snip

I would be very wary of dealing with anyone with such bad feedback in the
first place. They didn't get that many negs by accident. I hope they do the
right thing for you in the end.

Eric

Old October 28th 03, 12:24 PM
A.Gent

"Zamboni" wrote in message

...-- they do speak English down there
(sort of). They're effectively 5 hours behind the US West Coast,

Hmmmpphhhh!
(sort of) !

Sacre bleu!

5 hours behind? More like 19 hours (and 25 years) ahead of!

Gogu! Email me, please, on " coins at mendosus dot com "
I tried to de-munge your reply address, but it still bounced.

Cheers from Sydney...

Old October 28th 03, 05:18 PM
Zamboni

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

"Zamboni" wrote in message

...-- they do speak English down there
(sort of). They're effectively 5 hours behind the US West Coast,

Hmmmpphhhh!
(sort of) !

Sacre bleu!

5 hours behind? More like 19 hours (and 25 years) ahead of!

Which is 5 hours behind...tomorrow. I have an easier time getting hold
of people in Sydney than I do in New York (except on Fridays, for some
reason).

25 years ahead? When I was there, it felt like dropping back a few hundred
years. Of course, I was out on the far side of Uluru, so maybe the lack of
power/phones/plumbing may have been an influence.
--
Zamboni

Old October 28th 03, 10:11 PM
gogu

Ο "A.Gent" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
u...

"Zamboni" wrote in message

...-- they do speak English down there
(sort of). They're effectively 5 hours behind the US West Coast,

Hmmmpphhhh!
(sort of) !

Sacre bleu!

5 hours behind? More like 19 hours (and 25 years) ahead of!

Gogu! Email me, please, on " coins at mendosus dot com "
I tried to de-munge your reply address, but it still bounced.

Thanks, I'll do it!
The WORM is filling my inbox every 3 or 4 hours, so your mails are
bouncing:-)

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

Cheers from Sydney...

Same from Greece:-)

Old October 28th 03, 10:15 PM
gogu

Ο "A. Roy" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
I bought something from them a couple of weeks ago. A
flawless transaction with fast delivery to Canada. And they
responded quickly to my emails. I wouldn't hesitate to deal
with them again.

I know that and their behavior until the finalizing of the claim with the
postal
office was always friendly!
And that's exactly what puzzles me!
I had the best impression of them and now ...

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

--
See ya ...
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My photo album of Canadian Numismatic Books:
http://members.photofun.com/al-roy/books
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Old October 28th 03, 10:26 PM
gogu

Ο "The Fausts" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
.com...

"gogu" wrote in message
Hi all!
I have a problem with them and I don't know what to do!

big snip

I would be very wary of dealing with anyone with such bad feedback in the
first place. They didn't get that many negs by accident. I hope they do

the
right thing for you in the end.

:-) I also hope it Eric! Thanks!
But the real problem is that Paypal does not help, even if typically they
are OK with their policy (claim filed after the 30 days period)...
What is their problem to send a short e-mail to the seller?
I have paid through them an average of about $2000 a month in the last year,
so I believe that they must give some attention to their clients...
I am more than sure that a Paypal e-mail would solve the problem
immediately...

rgrds

Old October 28th 03, 11:37 PM
Colin Kynoch

gogu wrote:

Ο "Zamboni" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message

[...]

I'm in Melbourne and could speak to them face to face on your behalf if
you would like me to.

email address is

Colin Kynoch