Obama v. Henrietta

Old June 10th 05, 07:04 PM
oly

Default Obama v. Henrietta

Actually, I'm suprised that no one here has mentioned the Obama v.
Henrietta Holsman Fore tiff that erupted yesterday at her Senate
confirmation hearing for her new State Department job. See page 5 of
the front section of your Friday Chicago Tribune.

What? You don't read the Chicago Tribune? Tsk, tsk.

oly

Old June 10th 05, 07:12 PM
stonej

oly wrote:
Actually, I'm suprised that no one here has mentioned the Obama v.
Henrietta Holsman Fore tiff that erupted yesterday at her Senate
confirmation hearing for her new State Department job. See page 5 of
the front section of your Friday Chicago Tribune.

What? You don't read the Chicago Tribune? Tsk, tsk.

oly

The article in question:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sweet...s-obama10.html

Old June 10th 05, 07:17 PM
oly

Nobody in their right mind would confuse the Tribune and the Sun Times.
Chicagoans will squeal!

oly

Old June 10th 05, 07:22 PM
stonej

Sorry about that, I just did a quick google search,
didn't even look at the nameplate of what paper
it was from.

Anyway, this is not a good situation.

Depending on how much media play it gets her
nomination could be derailed.

Republicans are trying to appeal to Hispanic voters and comments like
this are not going to be helpful.

Old June 10th 05, 07:33 PM
oly

Republicans need not worry so much, and don't need to pander. The
press has a mindset to damn the Republicans regardless, so they simply
can't win.

Secretary of State Rice would be a poster child if she were a member of
the Democratic party.

Attorney General Gonzales would be a poster child if he were a member
of the Democratic party.

Secretary of State Albright bought her post with her money and the
press was willing to disregard that, all because she was a Democrat.

To the American liberal elite, black is white, wrong is right,
anti-Christian is the supreme compliment.

But back to numismatics - one does suppose if Henrietta can't move up,
she probably can't keep her present position either.

oly

Old June 10th 05, 08:04 PM
stonej

oly wrote:
Republicans need not worry so much, and don't need to pander. The
press has a mindset to damn the Republicans regardless, so they simply
can't win.

Secretary of State Rice would be a poster child if she were a member of
the Democratic party.

Attorney General Gonzales would be a poster child if he were a member
of the Democratic party.

Secretary of State Albright bought her post with her money and the
press was willing to disregard that, all because she was a Democrat.

To the American liberal elite, black is white, wrong is right,
anti-Christian is the supreme compliment.

But back to numismatics - one does suppose if Henrietta can't move up,
she probably can't keep her present position either.

oly

Probably not. In politics image is everything and having someone
in her position with the stigma of insensitive racial remarks isn't
going to play well with the White House.

Old June 10th 05, 08:16 PM
oly

Somebody in or around the White House has been a friend of Henrietta's
since college or prep school or even earlier. I don't know her
connection, but I'll bet they won't get too mad.

oly

Old June 10th 05, 08:25 PM
stonej

With something like this I think friendship will only take you so far
and then they would have to say something like "sorry but it is best
that
you leave your position...."

Bush isn't going to want this to be a subject of the Sunday morning
political talk shows.

I think this will play itself out one way or another over the next few
weeks.

Old June 10th 05, 11:45 PM
PC

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
With something like this I think friendship will only take you so far
and then they would have to say something like "sorry but it is best
that
you leave your position...."

Bush isn't going to want this to be a subject of the Sunday morning
political talk shows.

I think this will play itself out one way or another over the next few
weeks.

reply omitted pending Phil DeMayo's approval

Old June 11th 05, 02:52 AM
richard schumacher

Republicans need not worry so much, and don't need to pander. The
press has a mindset to damn the Republicans regardless, so they simply
can't win.

Yeah, those poor, pitiful, downtrodden Repugnicans, cruelly oppressed by
the all-powerful liberal media.

Secretary of State Rice would be a poster child if she were a member of
the Democratic party.

Attorney General Gonzales would be a poster child if he were a member
of the Democratic party.

....instead of the (ObNumismaticContent coming here) tokens that they are.