Waterman Phileas comments

Old August 30th 03, 12:57 PM
Nic

Default Waterman Phileas comments

Hello

I just purchased the Waterman Phileas fountain pen (medium nib) from Staples.
I had seen many good comments from the members of this group and I was looking
for a reasonable price everyday pen. I must say that I was blown away by the
smoothness of the pen on even recycled paper. The nib seems to glide across the
surface of the paper. Additionally, when I pause in mid sentence (even if it's
a significant pause) the pen writes with nary a skip. A trully wonderful nib.

The construction and design of the pen is also very elegant. Then cap is a snap
on type with a nice gold coloured bands and the emblem near the base of the
barrel is a nice touch. The two tone nib has a nice carving on it and gives the
impression of a more expensive pen. I also find the pen to be light and easy to
handle.(Personally I prefer using fountain pens without the cap posted)

This is the first Waterman pen I have purchased and I am delighted with the
pen.

This pen was CAN$40 from Staples and with Quink ink writes wonderfully.

Thanks to all those people who take the time to provide reviews and comments
on fountain pens (not just the Waterman Phileas). This is a great group.

--
Regards
Nic.
Old August 30th 03, 04:22 PM
Norman Schwartz

"Nic" wrote in message
[...]

I agree for the most part. However it writes a bit too broad and wet (using
Sheaffer ink) in my hands. Stay away from the fine nib, mine is not very
smooth.

Old August 31st 03, 08:11 PM
Ron Wilbanks

Norman Schwartz wrote:

I agree for the most part. However it writes a bit too broad and wet (using
Sheaffer ink) in my hands. Stay away from the fine nib, mine is not very
smooth.

I was wondering about this since I was considering the purchase of a
fine nib to use with this pen. Sadly I dropped blue Phileas on the
kitchen counter and now it writes a little scratchy. I'll have to
purchase a replacement nib for it. Anyone know how much a medium
replacement nib would cost?

--
Sincerely yours,

Ron Wilbanks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Spam filter: -1 for the real thing!