Library Find: Inscribed to George W. Bush ( Some People have the luck...)

Old March 31st 04, 04:59 AM
Lawrence Person

Default Library Find: Inscribed to George W. Bush ( Some People have the luck...)

In article ,
John A. Stovall wrote:

I just got an email from a friend in Arkansas, who Sunday went to the
big city of Fayetteville and stopped by a garage sale while there.

He as I am a military history collector and saw a box full of Military
History titles and before he could dig through them, the woman running
the sale told him he could have them all for 2 dollars as she wanted
to get ride of them and it was getting late. So he got the box.

When he got home, he found a very fine inscribed copy of John Kerry's
"The New Solider" in it. Needless to say I will hear about this for
a long time.....

Interesting. I have a parallel story, in that at this weekend's Friends of the
Austin Public Library sale I found a copy of John Calvin Batchelor's "Ain't You
Glad You Joined the Republicans?"A Short History of the GOP, inscribed as
follows: "March 1999/To Governor/George W. Bush/of Texas/In the hope that/you
become that/rarest of states men/the 25th nominee/of the GOP/Best/(signature)"

That I put up for auction almost immediately, but I'm keeping a copy of Nicholas
Negroponte's Being Digital, inscribed as follows: "To George +/Laura/Bush/You
[sic] Dad's/copy NOT [underscored]/signed./(signature)

And both those are fine copies, not Ex-Library copies, donated by Laura Bush to
the Freinds sale.

There were some other tasty finds, but those were the highlights.
Old April 1st 10, 12:46 AM
douglasj69 douglasj69 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Person View Post
In article ,
John A. Stovall
wrote:

[...]

Hi Guys!
I am the new kid on the block. I went into a thrift store here in Greensboro, N.C. and picked up a book entitled "Our Friedman Families: a memoir of German Jews who escaped from the Nazis to Achieve International Success."
signed "to Mike Absher, with my thanks, Wally Friedman" in nice paperback.