Ten years on ebay.

Old November 22nd 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default Ten years on ebay.

I signed up 10 years ago today and I have only encountered a couple of
scumbags in that time, not too bad.

I have had some great note and coins buys and have done OK selling.

Unfortunately there are more and more sellers taking advantage of ignorant
buyers but it's impossible to do much about it. Billy

Old November 22nd 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej

"note.boy" wrote in message
I signed up 10 years ago today and I have only encountered a couple of
scumbags in that time, not too bad.

I have had some great note and coins buys and have done OK selling.

Unfortunately there are more and more sellers taking advantage of ignorant
buyers but it's impossible to do much about it. Billy

Congrats. I don't recall your eBay name, what's your feedback number?

mk
what does a £2 coin buy these days?

Old November 22nd 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"MJKolodziej" wrote in message
owncomputing...

"note.boy" wrote in message
I signed up 10 years ago today and I have only encountered a couple of
scumbags in that time, not too bad.

I have had some great note and coins buys and have done OK selling.

Unfortunately there are more and more sellers taking advantage of
ignorant buyers but it's impossible to do much about it. Billy

Congrats. I don't recall your eBay name, what's your feedback number?

mk
what does a £2 coin buy these days?

Half a bottle of wine. :-) Billy

Old November 22nd 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"note.boy" wrote in message
I signed up 10 years ago today and I have only encountered a couple of
scumbags in that time, not too bad.

I have had some great note and coins buys and have done OK selling.

Unfortunately there are more and more sellers taking advantage of
ignorant buyers but it's impossible to do much about it. Billy

Congrats. I don't recall your eBay name, what's your feedback number?

mk
what does a £2 coin buy these days?

About three US $1 bills. Useta be four a couple years ago.
Things're.........lookin' up..... for the US tourist.

Old November 22nd 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"note.boy" wrote in message
I signed up 10 years ago today and I have only encountered a couple of
scumbags in that time, not too bad.

I have had some great note and coins buys and have done OK selling.

Unfortunately there are more and more sellers taking advantage of
ignorant buyers but it's impossible to do much about it. Billy

Congrats. I don't recall your eBay name, what's your feedback number?

mk
what does a £2 coin buy these days?

About three US $1 bills. Useta be four a couple years ago.
Things're.........lookin' up..... for the US tourist.

The drastic change in the exchange rate will cut the number of UK visitors
to the USA, and to Europe with the poor exchange rate with the euro.

Petrol is down from a high of about £1.24 a litre to 96p a litre, amazing.
Billy

Old November 22nd 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"note.boy" wrote in message
I signed up 10 years ago today and I have only encountered a couple of
scumbags in that time, not too bad.

I have had some great note and coins buys and have done OK selling.

Unfortunately there are more and more sellers taking advantage of
ignorant buyers but it's impossible to do much about it. Billy

Congrats. I don't recall your eBay name, what's your feedback number?

mk
what does a £2 coin buy these days?

About three US $1 bills. Useta be four a couple years ago.
Things're.........lookin' up..... for the US tourist.

The drastic change in the exchange rate will cut the number of UK visitors
to the USA, and to Europe with the poor exchange rate with the euro.

Time for a change in the balance anyway. It's our turn to benefit from the
Pound-Dollar relationship. Hey, more Americans in the pubs!

Petrol is down from a high of about £1.24 a litre to 96p a litre, amazing.

I love it! Locally, gasoline topped out at about $4.20 per gallon last
summer. Today, that local gallon can be had for $1.69. With hundreds of
millions of gas-slurping automobiles projected to be on our roads for at
least another generation, we'd best get to drilling for whatever oil we have
left in order to help feed our share of them. No alternative power efforts
will help fuel my Camaro. Especially that planned 2009 400hp resurrection
that GM probably hopes will debut veeeeery quietly before Congress sees it.

Old November 23rd 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

The drastic change in the exchange rate will cut the number of UK visitors
to the USA, and to Europe with the poor exchange rate with the euro.

Petrol is down from a high of about £1.24 a litre to 96p a litre, amazing.

This is bad news for the big New York international coin show in
January at the Waldorf Astoria, they depend
heavily on European dealers and collectors showing up.

Old November 23rd 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"stonej" wrote in message
The drastic change in the exchange rate will cut the number of UK visitors
to the USA, and to Europe with the poor exchange rate with the euro.

Petrol is down from a high of about £1.24 a litre to 96p a litre, amazing.

This is bad news for the big New York international coin show in
January at the Waldorf Astoria, they depend
heavily on European dealers and collectors showing up.
***************

Anyone from Europe who can afford to travel to the New York and stay at the
Waldorf Astoria for a coin show probably will not notice the exchange rate.
Hey, things are tough all over.

Old November 23rd 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"stonej" wrote in message
The drastic change in the exchange rate will cut the number of UK
visitors
to the USA, and to Europe with the poor exchange rate with the euro.

Petrol is down from a high of about £1.24 a litre to 96p a litre,
amazing.

This is bad news for the big New York international coin show in
January at the Waldorf Astoria, they depend
heavily on European dealers and collectors showing up.

Anyone from Europe who can afford to travel to the New York and stay at
the Waldorf Astoria for a coin show probably will not notice the exchange
rate. Hey, things are tough all over.

The dealers will be on expenses but as collectors pay from their own pocket
so some may stay away. Billy