Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Old August 9th 06, 12:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

Default Global warming: It's SO EFFING here

wrote:
I rented "The Day After Tomorrow" a few weeks back. It's ****ing
scary. I really, honestly don't understand some "politicians'" denial.
I live in MI- we got temperatures upwards of 105, which NEVER happens
here. Brownouts left and right from the ACs going all the time, and
asshats running their clothes dryers in... 105 degree weather. Oy vey.
I wonder how much of the glaciers are left now?

And a few million years ago, there was a flood that killed everything
on earth. And a few millions years before that, there was a huge
meteor that hit the earth and killed most of the life here. And you
want insurance that your fragile little world will remain intact
forever ?

Wake up- in the end the earth is toast. Someday in the far future, our
sun will become a red giant, and engulf the earth. That's the normal
life cycle of a star. So stop worrying about the earth, when in the
end, it's going to be cinders in space.

And even if we stopped using all electricity and fuels, it would not
make you live one day longer. You actually would live a shorter life.
Because you would not have all the tools, advances, and aspects of
modern medicine, without electricity to develop them- to power the labs
and equipment that make the miracles of modern medicine possible.
Imagine trying to do a midnight ER operation with no lights and heat in
the dead of winter, by candle light. And getting people to the ER with
no ambulance to drive. WAKE UP.

If you feel so strongly about it, then don't drive a car anymore or use
any electricity- at all. If you so much as turn a light bulb on,
you're a hyprocrite and whiner.

If you hit the lottery for $100 million today, would you buy a huge
house with A/C ?? And a nice big yacht and car, etc. ?? Sure you
would. You're only complaining because you can't afford those things
yet. If you could, we would see how fast your mind would change.
You'd FORGET about this global warming BS- and live for today. You
should be more concerned about your IMMORTAL SOUL, which has been
rotted by homosexuality and wiccan paganism. God will take care of the
earth, it's his toy- not yours.

Old August 12th 06, 01:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD wrote:
Your problem is, you have a big mouth- but no money or status to back
it up. Maybe that's a good thing.

You're also a self admitted GAY, and have been suckered in by WICCANS.

Cripes almighty, what the hell do you know ? NOTHING.

What the flying **** does my religion or sexual orientation have to do
with Reagan's Alzheimer's kicking in during his second term???
Really??? And why must you capitolize them? I have money, but I
prefer to not show it off like that skankbitch Paris Hilton. I'd
rather save it (aren't you part of the Frugal Living group?) and not
blow it on **** I don't need.

Old August 12th 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD

darnoc wrote:
Goddamn, I don't know how many times I've tried to explain this to
various people. But they all still "swear" their engine "pings" if they
don't run high octane.

Do you remember when Sunoco (or was it shell?) used to sell 86? Maybe they
still do, but not around here -- not since about '99-00. Geo Storm ran
gooood on that stuff.

However, the higher end 4.3L vortec's from chevy's line did claim 89 octane
in the operators manual. . at least from '93.

You're only partially right there- in that you are talking about
bone-stock engines.

Modern engines in cars are computer controlled- a computer
advances/retards the spark to suit the fuel you put in them. It also
adjusts the air/fuel ratio according to inputs from various sensors in
the engine. If the O2 sensor, located in the exhaust stream, senses a
rich mixture- the computer leans out the fuel injectors. If it senses
a lean mixture, it richens the mixture.

There is a knock sensor on all new engines. When the engine senses
spark knock, it retards the timing. That's how they get modern engines
to run on 87 octane.

But here's the kicker- if you put premium in your car- the computer
will advance the timing to suit the new higher octane fuel- the result
will be more spark advance, resulting in more power and fuel mileage.

In effect, a modern engine will run on any gas from 86 to 93 octane.

In my specific situation, I have the EGR valve disconnected. The EGR
stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. It is an emission control device
found on most cars sold in the USA since 1973. What EGR does is this-
it recirculates exhaust from the exhaust ports in the heads, back into
the intake stream- thereby diluting the incoming air/fuel mixture.
This does a few things- it lowers the combustion temperature- thereby
reducing emissions out the tailpipe of NOX- which stands for Oxides of
Nitrogen, or NO.

NOX is a major component of photochemical smog. When sunlight hits it,
it creates smog.

There is a tradeoff to using an EGR- gas mileage and power suffer.
Part throttle response will be less.

I have the EGR valve disconnected on my Grand Prix. It easily adds 30
horsepower or more- and makes the car much more powerful and easier to
drive. Every car I've owned, I disconnected the EGR on- except one.

Now the meat of the subject- when you drive a car that has an EGR and
it's disconnected, the temperature inside the combustion chamber goes
up. That creates spark knock with low octane fuel- just like an old
pre-1973 engine. Running a modern computer controlled engine with EGR
unplugged, requires better than 87 octane fuel. It requires 89 octane
or better. With 93 octane, there is even more power and mileage
benefits.

With 87 octane in the car, EGR unplugged, the computer cannot retard
the spark enough, to eliminate spark knock- the engine will knock on
hills and at WOT. (wide open throttle)

I have an AAS Degree in Automotive Technology- I owned a garage
business for 7 years, and worked a total of 10 years in the engine
building/auto repair field. I've built a ton of engines- and this has
also been a major hobby of mine for the last 25 years. But this is
something that the other people here, have no clue about. They lack
the knowledge and experience working on cars.

Old August 12th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD

darnoc wrote:
chuck ain't worth a reply.

You know **** about cars and engines. You don't even know your
friggin' wrench sizes, I'd wager. So stop posing.

Old August 12th 06, 04:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
darnoc

And I was taught mathematics by one of the engineers that originally
designed the 350 Chevy. I'll take his word over a shade tree mechanic any
day of the week. Get back to that demo car buddy.

"Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD"
wrote in message
ups.com...

Old August 12th 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
darnoc

and here I contradict myself by replying. *sigh*

"darnoc" wrote in message
chuck ain't worth a reply.

oups.com...