ID Please.

Old June 10th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default ID Please.

Not recognised on the current radar screen.

http://cjoint.com/data/gkdfUfbBDg.htm

Thanks.

Old June 10th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Rod, the stamp on the right is overprinted as follows: Ottoman State
Postage, 2 piasters.

Tony

Old June 10th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Rod" wrote in message
Not recognised on the current radar screen.

http://cjoint.com/data/gkdfUfbBDg.htm

Left one like some something from Serbia or Bosnia about 1920. Have not
looked at those for awhile though.

Old June 10th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Bingo!
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Prepaid newspaper stamp
1913 6 heller mauve
Type N1 "bosnian girl"

My SG1965 does NOT show the surcharge opt though

Thanks Terry.

pookiethai at iprimus.com.au

Old June 10th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Oops!
sorry, It turns out Yugoslavia SG52 1918
5h on 6h

Old June 10th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Thanks Tony,
then I'll catalogue it just as a guess at SG73
although the black border is confusing.
(That issue is a discipline unto itself
Interesting to see two terms I have never met before
perforations by "harrow machine" and others with
grille come from perforations carried out by sewing machine.

pookiethai at iprimus.com.au

Old June 10th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

last line - the two stamps are local turkey stamps - Lianos for one and i
forget for the other
but it is also a private company (DDSR)

http://www.raster.it/stefano/a/faq/default.htm

hope it help

Chris

Old June 10th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Thanks very much Chris, ( all successfully ID'd then).
I am curious as to how you located
that amongst Stefano's many pages.

Old June 10th 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

i had the same problem to identify this stamp a few months ago and i only
remembered
'Lianos'.
i just ask for a google search with 'Lianos stamp'

Old June 10th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Aha. Ok
just to keep the records straight,
the Ottoman ID turned out to be a "postage due"
(hence the red brown border)