Royal Wedding in Denmark

Old May 15th 04, 11:26 AM
Mette

Default Royal Wedding in Denmark

For Royalty Collectors here are the three souvenir sheets jointly issued by
Denmark, The Faeroe Islands and Greenland at the occasion of the wedding
between the Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, and Mary Elizabeth Donaldson,
Australia, on 14th May 2004.

http://www.metteshoebox.frac.dk/fram...mmonwealth.htm
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
return address invalid -- contact me through

Old May 15th 04, 03:19 PM
Rodney

G'day Mette,
My browser returned the following........

ERROR
While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://www.metteshoebox.frac.dk/fram...mmonwealth.htm
The following error was encountered:
Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--

(Remove gum to reply)

Old May 15th 04, 03:33 PM
Mette

G'day Rodney,

This is more than strange. Judging from other comments I have received
privately, this small page has worked until now. I will try to find out
what is wrong, and eventually come back to you.

Mette

------

Old May 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Mette

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
G'day Mette,
My browser returned the following........

G'day again Rodney,
The answer is simple: My ISP's server is down, which is beyond my control
;-) Please try again later :-)
Mette

ERROR

------

Old May 15th 04, 05:04 PM
Victor Manta

"Rodney" wrote in message
snip

ERROR

------
While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://www.metteshoebox.frac.dk/fram...mmonwealth.htm
The following error was encountered:
snip

It perfectly worked earlier.

BTW, if you are interested also in something like a joint issue Denmark -
Australia then you will be disappointed.

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply

Old May 15th 04, 06:58 PM
Bruce

Thus quoth "Victor Manta" in
:

BTW, if you are interested also in something like a joint issue Denmark -
Australia then you will be disappointed.

Not oversurprising, from what I was reading in Yahoo News. The general
tenor of the story was that the Aussies generally wish the pair well, are
celebrating a historic occasion in their national...well, history isn't the
word, but what is? Anyway, she isn't becoming the Princess of Australia,
an extremely republican country (with a movement on to replace the Queen as
Head of State with a president), and so are unlikely to issue anything in
commemmoration. Perhaps (bar the day!), when Mary's safely gathered to her
mothers, and if there's still paper mail by then....

--
Bruce -- Harper Blue
Wielder of the Hole-y Serving Spoon of Antioch

"She's terrific. I can't stand her."
-- From a subtitle in an unknown Hong Kong "kung fu special"
=====
Remove Tolkien to mail me
Check out the Karma of Literature....
http://www.bookcrossing.com/friend/harperbruce
Old May 16th 04, 05:38 AM
Rodney

Received all well and good!
Thanks Mette.

--

(Remove gum to reply)

Old May 16th 04, 06:10 AM
Rodney

| BTW, if you are interested also in something like a joint issue Denmark -
| Australia then you will be disappointed.

I am interested in friendship between nations.
That seems to have been admirably achieved.
What a delight to see children waving the flags of
2 nations in unison.

Old May 16th 04, 05:31 PM
Garry Law

The media attention in Aus is enormous.

If not on stamps she will be on the front pages of magazines for years to
come.

Aus royalty is still the Brit variety - and not likely to change in the near
future - the 1999 referendum on a republic turned that down.

See
http://www.auspost.com.au/philatelic...eg ory_id=378
for a recent issue with QEII

Old May 16th 04, 08:42 PM
Victor Manta

"Rodney" wrote in message
| BTW, if you are interested also in something like a joint issue

Denmark -
| Australia then you will be disappointed. (V.M.)

I am interested in friendship between nations.
That seems to have been admirably achieved.
What a delight to see children waving the flags of
2 nations in unison.

Earlier such marriages were quite often the consequence of some raisons
d'état, but, I suppose, this isn't the case today anymore. Of course, it's
nice to see people who are happy because of other's happiness, but such a
marriage is rather a private affair, and for this reason I wonder if the
whole can be generalized till the nations' level.

That's why we will probably never see a joint Denmark - Australia issue
related to this wedding (but maybe one day a joint issue Denmark -
Australia - SNA, who knows