Palestine mandate tokens

Old December 28th 12, 07:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
pindborg

Default Palestine mandate tokens

Hi

I have these three paper tokens in my collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51812854@N08/8319153730/

It is quite long time ago I bought these of ebay, and I have forgot where excactly they are from. I remember to be told that they were from the British Palestine mandate period, but since I cannot understand Hebrew I hope someone could help me with a translation.

Best regards

Erik Pindborg Christensen
Old November 21st 13, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Friday, December 28, 2012 8:23:29 PM UTC+2, pindborg wrote:
Hi

I have these three paper tokens in my collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51812854@N08/8319153730/

Hi Erik,

They are tokens to buy food, the '10' is from Petah Tikva, the other 2 from Qiryat Haim. Probably not from the British Mandate time, but from the 1950s. People do collect them and I think we have several in our upcoming Coin and Banknote sale.

Have a good one,

George Bailey
Romano Auctions
Tel Aviv

Old April 18th 14, 09:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
pindborg

Den torsdag den 21. november 2013 15.20.32 UTC+1 skrev :
[...]

Hi George

Thank you very much. (Sorry for I just saw your reply today).

Best regards

Erik