New Year's Resolutions Anyone?

Old December 12th 05, 01:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default New Year's Resolutions Anyone?

I always like to think about new year resolutions but seldom make any
serious ones.
Anyone have any coin resolution for the upcoming new year?

I think I would like to quit buying first one thing and then another and
concentrate on a real goal.
Never been able to do that before however so not even going to try that
one -)

I have several areas I would like to work on. More Uncirculated early
Washington quarters
and maybe add one or two to my Modern US Commemorative collection.

Need to publish an article about a 20th century Austrian Artist (medals)
that I have been researching.
Been putting that off for years for no apparent reason.

Modern Austrian coins medals and tokens are always at the top of the list.
Also have all the US medals the Mint website offers. Small ones only, the
three inch ones are too expensive.
Maybe need to buy an older one.

Whatever else comes up.

Dale

Old December 13th 05, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:
[...]

Ah yes. My coin resolution. I will try to get a few coins for my
moderately priced coin collection. My goals for the year are

(1) One copper piece (half cent, large cent, or 2-cent)
(2) One silver piece (19th century type, WL Half, or Franklin Half)
(3) One gold piece (Indian or Liberty)

Mike

Old December 13th 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:
I always like to think about new year resolutions but seldom make any
serious ones.
Anyone have any coin resolution for the upcoming new year?

I think I would like to quit buying first one thing and then another and
concentrate on a real goal.
Never been able to do that before however so not even going to try that
one -)

I'm in the same boat. Although I think I may be getting closer. My
primary goal is to consolidate to a few coins, and then buy only 3-4
per year, but make those really nice. There are two themes that
interest me on many levels. The evolution of portraiture over time,
and ships on coins. So portraits that fit in the first with a ship
reverse I will probably bid really high :-)

Then I will expand the ancient coin price guides. I have almost all of
the raw data parsed and standardized. I should just need to do the
presentation, the main problem is to do it ideally I'd need control of
a webserver rather than just having a host.

Old December 13th 05, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I really would like to finish writing my reference for Australia and
New Zealand coins. Currently at 13mb of text, plus a whole lot more for
pix. Probably put it up on a website and maybe make a PDF to bring to
Kinko's and run off 4 or 5 copies. It's been a labor of love and
approaching an obsession. I just want to finish it and move on to
something else.

Old December 13th 05, 12:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Jud" wrote in message
oups.com...
I really would like to finish writing my reference for Australia and
New Zealand coins. Currently at 13mb of text, plus a whole lot more for
pix. Probably put it up on a website and maybe make a PDF to bring to
Kinko's and run off 4 or 5 copies. It's been a labor of love and
approaching an obsession. I just want to finish it and move on to
something else.

My website about Austrian Coins Medals and Tokens is about 40mb. Been
considering making it into a pdf file but that is a Whole lot of work!
Doing it the first time was a labor of love but doing it again is just work
:-)

Dale

Old December 13th 05, 12:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Jud" wrote in message
oups.com...
I really would like to finish writing my reference for Australia and
New Zealand coins. Currently at 13mb of text, plus a whole lot more for
pix. Probably put it up on a website and maybe make a PDF to bring to
Kinko's and run off 4 or 5 copies. It's been a labor of love and
approaching an obsession. I just want to finish it and move on to
something else.

13Megs !
Holy Mother of ......

Matter of interest, Jud, where are you? Geographically, I mean.

--
Jeff R.
(Sydney NSW)

Old December 13th 05, 12:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
I always like to think about new year resolutions but seldom make any
serious ones.
Anyone have any coin resolution for the upcoming new year?

I hope to complete my pocket reference to every coin and token ever produced in
the world from Adam and Eve through whomever the Iraqis elect. Once all the
photographs and price calculations are completed, it should be ready for
publication. Then I'll be looking into marketing my line of pants with oversize
pockets.

Bruce

Old December 13th 05, 05:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Jeff, I am in Maine, about 100 miles north of Boston. About as close to
Europe as you can get in the US without getting your feet wet.

Old December 13th 05, 06:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article .com,
says...
Jeff, I am in Maine, about 100 miles north of Boston. About as close to
Europe as you can get in the US without getting your feet wet.

Ru A FAG?
--
f = n_1 n_2 \langle \sigma v \rangle

http://www.geocities.com/woogawooga99/

Too weird to live, and too
rare to die. -Hunter S. Thomson
Old December 13th 05, 08:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in
:

[...]

A few of my coin resolutions for 2006 (for now):

1. Since I'm getting CoinManage for Christmas (I found out my in-laws
are buying it for me!), my #1 goal is to image all my coins and catalog
them in the CoinManage program. That should be enough, right there -
but, no, I have other goals.

2. Get off my lazy butt and start selling some of my duplicate coins, so
I can have spare $$ to buy more coins, hopefully. (Depends on what our
other financial obligations are, next year, of course.)

3. Get some key and semi-key date coins in my collection. I have mostly
common stuff, and would like some better-date coins, too.

4. Try to concentrate on one collecting goal. I can't seem to keep on
track with my goals - I fly all over the place.

5. Read some, or all, of the coin books I have - I have six coin books
that I have not been able to read, yet.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Maybe I should just heed this bit of advice:

"Goals are deceptive. The unaimed arrow never misses."