Barnaby Rudge and Grimm's Fairy Tales - Info on books I've aquired

Old April 25th 04, 03:48 AM
Alex

Default Barnaby Rudge and Grimm's Fairy Tales - Info on books I've aquired

Hi all,

I recently aquired two books for which I'm tring to get a history and
value on. Below are the specs on both:

Barnaby Rudge and Hard Times by Charles Dickens
Published by Porter & Coates
Cover has leaves/vines with blue and black inset, plus cover says
'Alta Editon'.
No date or other information, but there are ads for other books in the
back cover.

Grimms' Fairy Tales by Mrs. H. B. Paull
Published by Belford, Clarke, & Co 1885
Cover page says "Specially adapted and arranged for young people with
original illustrations".
Cover of book has leaves and roses with black inset, plus cover says
'Caxton Editon'.

Both books show some wear and the spines are starting to come apart a
bit, but both are in good condition for their age.

I looked on abebooks.com, and the Dickens book was there twice, going
for $10 from one collector and $22 from another - but no other info
about the book. The Paull book wasn't listed at all.

Also, what are the 'editions'?? Alta and Caxton?

Thanks for any information or insight on either book. I use my
correct email address, so please message me either via newsgroups or
email if any info can be given.

Thanks for your time,

Alex.