What to do about a Troll Invasion

Old January 1st 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default What to do about a Troll Invasion

From RCC, and from 4 years ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...ead/thread/f90
04785cefc7ae/5ca3eb8e02c7f6e6?q=%22troll+invasion%22&rnum=1#5ca 3eb8e02c7f6e6

IMHO RCC has been thoroughly decimated by the latest troll invasion simply
due to the misguided practice of over netkopping the smaller, natural troll
invasions.

It is akin to a forest mismanaged by a don't let anything burn policy. The
forest grows overly dry with detrius and becomes a tinderbox ready to
explode with deadly fury.

We are now paying the price - the current troll invasion is without a doubt,
the most vile, despicable troll invasion ever. Many if not most of the
regular posters have abandoned the group due to the latest troll invasion.
(Except for Tillery, I think Hager gave him an ACG slabbed set of toned
morgans, that's why he's not around) Oops. My lawyer just called, brb.

Old January 1st 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I have seen worse.. these guys and gal are only trying to get your
goats, and too many are letting it happen.
Kill file them, and you wont have to look at the garbage. By doing so,
I dont see any of it, and this newgroup looks no different than it did
6 months ago. Use your blocker, and you will be happy. I am.

Sam

Old January 1st 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Geoff Bogon" wrote in message
From RCC, and from 4 years ago:

[...]

Whatever happened to just simply killfilling the trash? So they morph, so
what? My killfile has a *lot* of room.

Old January 1st 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Here is my problem. I read RCC from half a dozen different computers, which
one depends on where I am at
and what time of day it is. So to killfile anyone successfully I have to do
it over and over and over.

I was spending more time killfiling people than reading. I gave up and
unblocked everyone.
I tried unsubscribing but it is like watching an oncoming wreck, ya know it
ain't gonna be pretty but
you can't seem to help but look.

I do apologize to the regulars for replying to some of them and thus
thwarting their filters.

Dale
(no solution here)

Old January 1st 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
Dale Hallmark wrote:

Here is my problem. I read RCC from half a dozen different
computers, which one depends on where I am at
and what time of day it is. So to killfile anyone successfully I
have to do it over and over and over.

Nope! Just learn how to edit your registry file and export your list.
Rita

I have used regedit many times. It never occurred to me to do so for the
blocked sender file. Doh!!

Dale

Old January 1st 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In , on 12/31/2005
at 11:41 PM, "Geoff Bogon" said:

We are now paying the price

sigh Plonk.

Nick
Old January 1st 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:

Here is my problem. I read RCC from half a dozen different
computers, which one depends on where I am at
and what time of day it is. So to killfile anyone successfully I
have to do it over and over and over.

Nope! Just learn how to edit your registry file and export your list.

Go to Start MenuRuntype in "regedit" an go to the following point.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{36924D9E-YOUR NUMBERS WILL BE
DIFFERENT-C80C3D67292}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Block
Senders

Once here just right click and select Export. Name the file whatever you
like and e-mail it to yourself or carry it to each machine with a floppy
or
thumbdrive. Just click on this file on every machine you want to update
and
you are set. Open OE and enjoy.

Learn how to work in your registry file and everything will be quick and
easy. There are some amazing things one can do in there once they get
their
feet wet.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about these guys since they are
doing
RCC a major favor by administering a much needed enema to clean some of
the
stale **** out of here.

Rita

Good advice about the registry. And I -love- your attitude.

Old January 1st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:

Here is my problem. I read RCC from half a dozen different
computers, which one depends on where I am at
and what time of day it is. So to killfile anyone successfully I
have to do it over and over and over.

Nope! Just learn how to edit your registry file and export your list.
Rita

I have used regedit many times. It never occurred to me to do so for the
blocked sender file. Doh!!

Dale

Hehehe. It makes me crazy when I forget something like that g

Old January 1st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
In , on 12/31/2005
at 11:41 PM, "Geoff Bogon" said:

We are now paying the price