Jersey cards with pinstripes

Old October 29th 03, 04:23 AM
Mike

Default Jersey cards with pinstripes

Why is it that people selling and trading baseball jersey cards,Always think
they need to charge extra or demand a premium for a jersey card that
contains a pin-stripe?It's part of the damn uniform.Now I can see patch
cards bringing premiums.It's not like pin-stripes are in short demand.Some
joker has a Randy Johnson jersey card I was interested in.He claims that
because of the stripe that he can get $10.00 to $15.00 over book value.Lots
of people on trading groups are jumping on the wagon too.

Old October 29th 03, 02:37 PM
Only4Ebay

Why is it that people selling and trading baseball jersey cards,Always think
they need to charge extra or demand a premium for a jersey card that
contains a pin-stripe?It's part of the damn uniform.Now I can see patch
cards bringing premiums.It's not like pin-stripes are in short demand.Some
joker has a Randy Johnson jersey card I was interested in.He claims that
because of the stripe that he can get $10.00 to $15.00 over book value.Lots
of people on trading groups are jumping on the wagon too.

It actually should be just the opposit. When they slice up a uniform, jersey
or pants, that has a pinstripe pattern, it is much harder to find a swatch that
DOESN'T have a stripe on it.
Old October 30th 03, 04:54 AM
Rodrick MacKinnon

"Only4Ebay" wrote in message
Why is it that people selling and trading baseball jersey cards,Always

think
they need to charge extra or demand a premium for a jersey card that
contains a pin-stripe?It's part of the damn uniform.Now I can see patch
cards bringing premiums.It's not like pin-stripes are in short

demand.Some
joker has a Randy Johnson jersey card I was interested in.He claims that
because of the stripe that he can get $10.00 to $15.00 over book

value.Lots
of people on trading groups are jumping on the wagon too.

It actually should be just the opposit. When they slice up a uniform,

jersey
or pants, that has a pinstripe pattern, it is much harder to find a swatch

that
DOESN'T have a stripe on it.

I think it's been argued that the main time when a stripe might add to the
value is for a team like the Yankees. Pinstripes are kind of their
trademark.

Old October 30th 03, 02:28 PM
Only4Ebay

I think it's been argued that the main time when a stripe might add to the
value is for a team like the Yankees. Pinstripes are kind of their
trademark.

I thought the point of value was scarcity....If that is true, since almost
every Yankee item has a pinstripe, wouldn't a card with no pinstripe actually
have more value because they are much harder to find? With the size of most
swatches being what they are, it is next to impossible not to include a
pinstripe.

Old October 31st 03, 01:04 AM
Mike

I think it should be the opposite too,I have 12 Derek Jeter jersey cards all
have pinstripes except 2 of them.These days it does seem that teams with
pinstripes,if they have them, you'll find on the majority of their jersey
cards.I think regular jersey card's with no stripes from dominately
pinstriped uni's should be more valuable.
Hell ,I don't know I'm just blabbing.

Old October 31st 03, 01:21 AM
Jeff Shaw

"Only4Ebay" wrote in message

Why is it that people selling and trading baseball jersey cards,Always

think

they need to charge extra or demand a premium for a jersey card that
contains a pin-stripe?It's part of the damn uniform.Now I can see patch
cards bringing premiums.It's not like pin-stripes are in short

demand.Some

joker has a Randy Johnson jersey card I was interested in.He claims that
because of the stripe that he can get $10.00 to $15.00 over book

value.Lots

of people on trading groups are jumping on the wagon too.

It actually should be just the opposit. When they slice up a uniform,

jersey

or pants, that has a pinstripe pattern, it is much harder to find a swatch

that

DOESN'T have a stripe on it.

Supply and demand move the market. If people want pinstripes, they will
pay a premium, even if there are more with than without. Jeff in Seattle

Old November 1st 03, 08:27 PM
Dan Aliperto-MN

The reason they garner more interest is because they just look better. A plain
one color swatch is boring.

The only GU I collect is Joe & Jake Mauer stuff & since I have a few of each
one now, I'll only buy new ones that have pinstripes, the plain ones are to
blah.

-Dan (TIC)
http://sportscardfun.com/trader/ideal0024.asp

"If a man hasn't discovered something he would die for, he isn't fit to live."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Baseball doesn't owe me a thing, I owe my whole life to baseball."
- Kirby Puckett
Old November 5th 03, 05:26 AM
MikeCouil

Dan, you interested in a Topps T206 Joe Mauer auto?

I'd be looking for a culpepper auto or something similar for it. BV for BV.

Mike

Old November 5th 03, 05:27 AM
MikeCouil

I wish Jake could have made it a little farther. I dont think any of us
expected him to ever make it as far as AAA but I would have made the drive to
see them both play AA ball.

Mike