Arthur Presidential Dollars

Old March 26th 12, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default Arthur Presidential Dollars

Just a heads-up for all, Chester A. Arthur dollars will be available
from the U.S. Mint on Thursday, April 5. I plan on "saving" a few
bucks on shipping by buying a 10-roll box under direct ship. I'm
doing a few rolls of trading like we used to do with the SQs. I'll
let everyone know the mintmark distribution when they arrive.

Jerry
Old March 26th 12, 02:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Jerry Dennis wrote:
Just a heads-up for all, Chester A. Arthur dollars will be available
from the U.S. Mint on Thursday, April 5. I plan on "saving" a few
bucks on shipping by buying a 10-roll box under direct ship. I'm
doing a few rolls of trading like we used to do with the SQs. I'll
let everyone know the mintmark distribution when they arrive.

Will there be a Native American dollar this year? My local mint--at
least, the only person you can get on the phone--doesn't know.

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

Old March 26th 12, 03:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

On 3/26/2012 7:32 AM, Jerry Dennis wrote:
Just a heads-up for all, Chester A. Arthur dollars will be available
from the U.S. Mint on Thursday, April 5. I plan on "saving" a few
bucks on shipping by buying a 10-roll box under direct ship. I'm
doing a few rolls of trading like we used to do with the SQs. I'll
let everyone know the mintmark distribution when they arrive.

Jerry

I thought the direct ship program was abandoned when they decided not to
make prexibux for circulation any longer. It's my understanding that
roll purchases and bags of prexibux come at a premium above face value
from the mint now.
Old March 26th 12, 03:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

On 3/26/2012 8:33 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:
In ,
Jerry wrote:
Just a heads-up for all, Chester A. Arthur dollars will be available
from the U.S. Mint on Thursday, April 5. I plan on "saving" a few
bucks on shipping by buying a 10-roll box under direct ship. I'm
doing a few rolls of trading like we used to do with the SQs. I'll
let everyone know the mintmark distribution when they arrive.

Will there be a Native American dollar this year? My local mint--at
least, the only person you can get on the phone--doesn't know.

Coin World Magazine reports today that single rolls of Arthur coins are
priced at $32.95. These are the ones going on Sale April 5. Plus $4.95
postage. The Native American dollar coins go on sale April 26 for the
same price.
Later offerings include a 100 coin bag of dollar coins for $111.95, a
250 coin box for $275.95 and a 500 coin box for $550.95.
The previously titled Direct Ship Program has ended.
Old March 26th 12, 04:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

,
Jerry wrote:
[...]

If ever there's a time to hold off and add an Arthur president roll to your
order of other Mint products, this may be it. You could at least eliminate
the postage hit of ordering one roll. It still can't beat getting the first
presidents at face value at the bank.

Old March 26th 12, 04:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Jerry wrote:
[...]

I picked up bank rolls of prexibux since Washington debuted in 2007 and
exchanged them at my local coin club meetings during show-n-tell for
folding money to the membership as they were released, so I am totally
bummed out. The only saving grace I see in this is that the prexibux P&D
collection coin folders run from 2007-2011 as a first set (half the
length of the program), which includes the complete circulation issues.
Now I need to make up my mind about possibly continuing to collect the
series.

Old March 26th 12, 06:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Jerry wrote:
[...]

I was debating whether to continue my Prex roll set by ordering a roll of
each from the mint. Now with gas over $4.00, a round trip to the local bank
where I used to get each new roll would cost about the same as the $7.95
Mint markup, assuming I bury the shipping charge in a combined Mint order.

Old March 29th 12, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

On 3/26/2012 11:16 AM, Bremick wrote:
"Edwin wrote in message
On 3/26/2012 8:33 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:
Coin World Magazine reports today that single rolls of Arthur coins are
priced at $32.95. These are the ones going on Sale April 5. Plus $4.95
postage. The Native American dollar coins go on sale April 26 for the same
price.
Later offerings include a 100 coin bag of dollar coins for $111.95, a 250
coin box for $275.95 and a 500 coin box for $550.95.
The previously titled Direct Ship Program has ended.

If ever there's a time to hold off and add an Arthur president roll to your
order of other Mint products, this may be it. You could at least eliminate
the postage hit of ordering one roll. It still can't beat getting the first
presidents at face value at the bank.

Agreed! A short bicycle ride to my local bank and I could plunk down
$50 for two rolls. I started collecting them in 2007 and putting them
in albums for my nieces and nephews. I doubt I am going to "bend over"
and pay the exorbitant mint prices for a roll of circulating dollar
coins. If they still had the direct ship program at face value, I would
consider paying the $250 and then spending the coins I did not want to
keep. The odd thing is, should Congress ultimately decide to resurrect
the program at a later date, there will be a gap in the collection.

Old March 29th 12, 01:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Edwin wrote in message
[...]

I got hooked with the Mint-wrapped(?) "shotgun" rolls with the name of each
president on the wrapper. Plus, I could build the set at face value. Now,
if I decide to continue with this series I'd prefer the new rolls to match
the appearance of ones I had been getting at the local bank. The only way I
see to do this is to order them from the Mint, absorb the $7.50 premium, and
hide the shipping charge by combining with a proof set or mint set I would
normally order anyway. Or I could just spend or cash in the rolls I already
saved and solve my dilema that way.

Old March 29th 12, 02:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Trader

"Edwin wrote in message
[...]

I'm giving up and cashing in the rolls I have next times my funds are low!