Seeburg 100C Questions

Old July 18th 04, 10:56 PM
PinMan

Default Seeburg 100C Questions

I'm a newbie here... hopefully someone can help answer a few questions I
have:

What would a complete, unrestored '52 Seeburg 100C go for?

What approximately would it cost to restore this game myself (in parts)?

What approx. would it cost to have it professionally restored (in Minnesota
if there are any restorers in this area)?

And... lastly does anyone already have a 100C for sale in my area to save me
the hassle? ;-)
I'm looking at an unrestored game for sale in the Twin Cities currently,
hence all the questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old July 19th 04, 02:22 AM
Crazy George

I'm no expert, but start with $500 and go up and down depending. The
pilasters are expensive, if they are damaged. The color mechanism is iffy
at best, and complicated to get right. On the other hand, if the color
wheels run, all the chrome tubes are in place (also expensive to replace)
and the box selects and plays, then you could be looking at upwards of a
grand, again, depending. If it has been sitting somewhere, ratty looking,
and you are afraid to plug it in as it sits, then maybe $300 is closer to
the right price.

I have one sitting in the garage in Texas waiting for time to work on it.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

Old July 19th 04, 11:32 PM
CoinOpHobby

I'll take as many as you can find for 300.00. I know a good rat
exterminator. Wow 300.00 to 500.00 for a CCCCC imagine?

Old July 20th 04, 01:11 AM
PinMan

I was thinking the same thing. I found a few between $1200-1800 ($1200
being junk, $1800 being complete but in need of total restoration). Is this
about right?

.. .

Old July 20th 04, 09:00 PM
Rob

"PinMan" wrote in message news:brZKc.100002$WX.36485@attbi_s51...
I was thinking the same thing. I found a few between $1200-1800 ($1200
being junk, $1800 being complete but in need of total restoration). Is this
about right?

Yes, Pinman...you are right in the ballpark. I've seen 'em anywher
from $900.00 to $1500.00 unrestored at Chicagoland show/Kane County
fairgrounds. I will have one Cherry/Grade 1 restored I hope to get
around $5200 at the November Show at St. Charles, Il. Good luck to
the original writer....I'll give him $900.00 sight unseen if it IS
complete and the mech cover is salvageable (and the chrome/glass grill
tubes are decent). Rob

Old July 21st 04, 01:09 AM
Crazy George

Well, the one I paid $500 for has 3 of the chrome tubes replaced with...are
you ready for this?... pieces of 1" conduit. And one busted pilaster
patched with aluminum tape, and the color stuff is broke and faded out as
well. It plays...uh....random selections unrelated to anything selected.
And the amp needs recapped and likely a tube or two. If there were any
other problems, $300 would have been my top. Even selling a restored one
for $5K, how much is your time really worth? Lots of hours to fix all those
little problems, plus the no longer inexpensive parts to replace stuff which
can't be fixed. How much are the chrome tubes going for these days anyway?
And decent looking pilasters? Gotta replace both, never be able to match a
faded one very close.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

"Rob" wrote in message
m...

Old July 21st 04, 01:14 PM
Jjmscf

Well I got one on ebay for $800.Had ugly painted Wico metal pilasters,no
animation except for shaft and chain,5 missing grill tubes,2 of the remaining
ones were broken,the other 5 were unusable as they had lots of cracks in the
silver and black showing through,no mech cover.Otherwise complete with a solid
cabinet painted black so it needs veneering.Even the woodtoes under the
pilasters were good.Was afraid to plug it in though because of all the filth
and dirt.That is the cheapest I saw a C go for on ebay up to that point.I saw
pretty ratty ones go for $1500.Unfortunately the dome on mine has to be
replaced too.After cleaning it up it has some pretty bad scratches.
Old July 21st 04, 05:10 PM
Rob

Crazy George....
You're right. You really can't figure your time in and make it worth
today's competitive wages. You really do it for the LOVE of it....you
really do! And if contacts/word of mouth bring you future
business,...then I guess it all comes out in the wash, so to speak.
I paid next to nothing for the C I'm restoring for the Chicagoland
Show in St. Charles next November, but the first thing I did after I
bought it was order about $4.50 worth of parts for it, and that didn't
even include the pilasters. The originals were great! But I've since
ordered reproductions as I've been told you really don't do a C to
Grade 1 without new pilasters....it would defeat the purpose.
Good luck with your C. I hope to see it someday! Rob

[...]

"Rob" wrote in message
m...